• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Formula Zuk class... anyone interested?

Bad idea, the old day's of doing it for the competitors are long gone, there is already a low budget class it's called f-toy, and at any given event there is sometimes no entries and a max of 5. Watching f-toy's compete is like watching snail's ****, it's boring and the courses are lame. there is no benefit to a promoter to start another budget class, and if you're so low budget than how in the hell do you plan to afford competing??? Not sure what trophy class is to compete ?$250, but it's $1600 just to compete in a 4 event series, and another $600 for nat's, doesn't sound very justifiable to me.

darius said:
Bad idea, the old day's of doing it for the competitors are long gone, there is already a low budget class it's called f-toy, and at any given event there is sometimes no entries and a max of 5. Watching f-toy's compete is like watching snail's ****, it's boring and the courses are lame. there is no benefit to a promoter to start another budget class, and if you're so low budget than how in the hell do you plan to afford competing??? Not sure what trophy class is to compete ?$250, but it's $1600 just to compete in a 4 event series, and another $600 for nat's, doesn't sound very justifiable to me.

You kind of made the point for creating it. F-toy isn't affordable for alot of people. The promoters should/will do it for there future. Where do you think the next Gen of crawlers are going to come from? In a buisness standpoint you have to look ahead. Nobody really makes $ on any ENTRY level sports. They will make $ in the future from these people. The entry fee's need to be more affordable for a class of this nature. This could start some smaller grass roots events. Who nows, seems like it's worth a try.
This is why I feel it should be extremely limited to. Sami's only. Keep the suspension/wheelbase rules fairly tight. Limit tires to 31-33's. Make it a novice type class that teaches spotting and driving.
I think if it goes the route that's being talked about on pirate it will be to close to f-toy. There needs to be a seperation.

darius said:
Bad idea, the old day's of doing it for the competitors are long gone, there is already a low budget class it's called f-toy, ....... Not sure what trophy class is to compete ?$250, but it's $1600 just to compete in a 4 event series, and another $600 for nat's, doesn't sound very justifiable to me.

FToy has their entry fees reduced because they don't play for pay. I believe it's only $75.00 for the FToy entry. As far as support from the promoters, Big Rich already said he'd be interested if there's enough entrants.

I believe one of the reason FToy isn't as popular (or for you, as exciting) is because it is fairly restrictive. Toy stuff is pretty damn stout especially with all the aftermarket support they have, with a more open F-Toy class you'd be able to build some rigs that would give a little more excitment and even give some of the upper class rigs a good run.

Again, this class isn't for everyone and we don't even know if there'll be enough interest. That's why it was posted on this board, to see if there were any other people interested.

H3RESQ said:
You kind of made the point for creating it. F-toy isn't affordable for alot of people. The promoters should/will do it for there future. Where do you think the next Gen of crawlers are going to come from? In a buisness standpoint you have to look ahead. Nobody really makes $ on any ENTRY level sports. They will make $ in the future from these people. The entry fee's need to be more affordable for a class of this nature. This could start some smaller grass roots events. Who nows, seems like it's worth a try.
This is why I feel it should be extremely limited to. Sami's only. Keep the suspension/wheelbase rules fairly tight. Limit tires to 31-33's. Make it a novice type class that teaches spotting and driving.
I think if it goes the route that's being talked about on pirate it will be to close to f-toy. There needs to be a seperation.
The stock class is the place for a zuk, I watched a few this year, they aren't so much on the climbing thing, but they totally kill everything in the navigation aspect of courses. Bottom line is... Adding a zuk specefic class would just open a can of worm's for other people wanting their own specific classes.

darius said:
The stock class is the place for a zuk, I watched a few this year, they aren't so much on the climbing thing, but they totally kill everything in the navigation aspect of courses. Bottom line is... Adding a zuk specefic class would just open a can of worm's for other people wanting their own specific classes.

What's wrong with other people wanting their own vehicle specific classes?

Tech Tim said:

It's a professional sport, Like I said there is already a class for zuk's, it's the stock class. Promoter's can't cater to everybodies need's, if this was so, when they take away the rear steer penalty in 08 they would need a moon buggy class, and a conventional 4ws class. They would not bring hydro steering, and 40's to the stock mod class either. Rockcrawling is a small sport, and having 6 classes per comp would be too much. it's already enough keeping the 3 or 4 classes moving smoothly. How would the promoter benefit from adding a class when there is already a place for the said vehicle?

darius said:
How would the promoter benefit from adding a class when there is already a place for the said vehicle?

More competitors would be the benefit. There are those who want to compete in their vehicle without swapping in brand-x parts. The only way you could be competitive running a Suzuki in the stock mod class would be to take the Suzuki out of it.... Hey thats funnay right there :clappy:

If it is such a bad thing, why did they add the F-Toy class or the Rhino class? The F-Toy would also fit the stock mod class, so you must be arguing against that class too?

Most promoters like different classes as long as they don't have to make special considerations for them. We're not asking for anything other than competing against each other. We'll run the same courses, be judged by the same rules, and probably end runing right along side of them.

The more classes the more potential spectators.

[hijack]

I'd like to see more of a "4x4" comp (e.g. not *only* rock crawlin) along the line of what is done for autocross ...

As I understand, autocross "weighs" the various classes against each other so that stockers can "compete" against fully modifieds. The classes differ too on what mods a vehicle can have versus another (e.g. one vehicle can use non-stock sway bars, but another vehicle would bump a class).

The closest I have seen to a "4x4 autocross" is the "trials" comps done in Europe.

Keep it ametuer, define some classes, but keep it fun and only pseudo-competitive.

[/hijack]

SnoFalls said:
[hijack]

I'd like to see more of a "4x4" comp (e.g. not *only* rock crawlin) along the line of what is done for autocross ... snip...
The closest I have seen to a "4x4 autocross" is the "trials" comps done in Europe. Keep it ametuer, define some classes, but keep it fun and only pseudo-competitive.
[/hijack]

Yeah, that would be cool :rockon:.

Maybe something can be done down at the straddline ORV park? Something along the lines of Fourwheeler's top truck. A little, mud, a little rock, the obstacle course and some others.

Tech Tim said:
IMO, the formula class should not be as Darius has stated we already have a stock class. Whats next Formula H2s?

PORTER said:
IMO, the formula class should not be as Darius has stated we already have a stock class. Whats next Formula H2s?

If a bunch of H2 owners wanted to do a class, I wouldn't be against it. That would be pretty exciting to see $40K rigs getting bashed to hell as they roll over on the stock mod courses... well OK, just the first time.... :redneck:

Tech Tim said:
More competitors would be the benefit. There are those who want to compete in their vehicle without swapping in brand-x parts. The only way you could be competitive running a Suzuki in the stock mod class would be to take the Suzuki out of it.... Hey thats funnay right there :clappy:

If it is such a bad thing, why did they add the F-Toy class or the Rhino class? The F-Toy would also fit the stock mod class, so you must be arguing against that class too?

Most promoters like different classes as long as they don't have to make special considerations for them. We're not asking for anything other than competing against each other. We'll run the same courses, be judged by the same rules, and probably end runing right along side of them.

The more classes the more potential spectators.

They added the F-toy class because it seemed like a good idea, the turn out isn't that great, but it's hard to remove an established class, there's not that great of a turn out, but enough people to piss off if it was removed Rhino rtv is a huge rockcrawling sponsor, so that's why they have class of their own. Promoter's don't get any of the entry fee's, so all it is doing is making more work, the time spent formatting a new class would not be re-cooped in spectators. Watch the stock, Rhino, and f-toy classes, I bet not 5% of attendance is over watching them. This is all in my opinion though, people have opinion's. Coming from you I expect nothing less than a pissing match, so I've said my part and am done.

darius said:
Coming from you I expect nothing less than a pissing match, so I've said my part and am done.

Really? Wow I have a reputation for pissing matches? Hmmmm, let me go back through years of posting on various boards and count how many I've been in............ OK and the answer is none.

Well coming from you... oh wait I don't even know you...... :flipoff:

It's funnay how you're the one who kept pissing about there shouldn't be any more classes and promoters don't want more classes, guess you missed the part about Big Rich saying he was interested. :rolleyes:

Darius............I think your confusing Tim and Me. I'm the one that likes pisssing matches!

Read my post's I'll argue even if I agree with someone!

Latest posts