• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Formula Zuk class... anyone interested?

Tech Tim

Formula Zuk discussion here

Anyone interested? We are working up a set of rules, loosely based on Formual Toy, but more open. Basically as long as it is 4wd Zuk based, it would be legal in just about any combination.

Proposed rules are towards the bottom of page 6. I can post 'em up if ya want.

I really liked the idea but the whole zuk only axle thing pushed me away from the class. Maybe if you do like a d44/zuk then i would be interested. I just dont think that even a well built zuk with zuk axles would make it around im my area.

pool cues are stronger than Zuki axles.......if you haven't got rid of them by now,,,you should,,,cause you will.lol.........they are junk!:kissmyass:

Tech Tim said:
Formula Zuk discussion here

Anyone interested? We are working up a set of rules, loosely based on Formual Toy, but more open. Basically as long as it is 4wd Zuk based, it would be legal in just about any combination.

Proposed rules are towards the bottom of page 6. I can post 'em up if ya want.

Sounds like a bag of worms compared to the toy class. With the toy class you are starting out with decent parts and a decent frame. With a zuk class you are starting out with a weak frame and weak parts..... Just sounds like a bad idea to me....

Jobless said:
Your the kilt wearing girly man that likes to have his nose up competitors asses :rolleyes:

Wow, is that testicle envy?... :D

Jobless said:
Who's colors were those again?

Must have been yours you're the one waving them.... :flipoff:

Unit said:
I really liked the idea but the whole zuk only axle thing pushed me away from the class. Maybe if you do like a d44/zuk then i would be interested. I just dont think that even a well built zuk with zuk axles would make it around im my area.

crash said:
pool cues are stronger than Zuki axles.......if you haven't got rid of them by now,,,you should,,,cause you will.lol.........they are junk!

crash said:
Sounds like a bag of worms compared to the toy class. With the toy class you are starting out with decent parts and a decent frame. With a zuk class you are starting out with a weak frame and weak parts..... Just sounds like a bad idea to me....

It's definitely a class for the sick in the head Zuki-phile and yes, there'll probably be lots 'o broken axle parts.

I doubt anyone will be running OE Zuk axles or at least they won't be running long.... :redneck: Most will probably be doing 28 and 30 spline stuff with some Trail Tough HD Birfs. Still not BIG tire capable, but they'll handle 35s in a small lightweight rig.

Unit said:

X2 for me ...

When you consider the trac/kicks, the only way to stay "all zuk" is to put in a sami axel, and who wants to SAS a rig using a sami front ???

crash said:

Toy class sounds like a bag o worms compared to the unlimited class. At least with the unlimited class you can start with tubing,coilover,linked suspension v8's etc..... Why compare apples to oranges. This is about starting a class for someone on a limited budget. That wants to try competing for the first time. Maybe it's good **** would break. I remember watching the Bomber class at Elma raceway as a kid. The cars were slower thatn **** and piles of crap. They were the funnest class to watch. And the rules included that any car could be purchased after the races for $1500 bucks minus trailer and safty equipment. Talk about keeping it low budget. This class will not be for everybody but could be enjoyed by alot of people. Just think your 16 year old kid could build this with his buddies and your guidence. What a way to get your kids into the sport!

you know thatz a good point i kind like the idea of building a rig and finding a young kid to drive it sounds like a good idea (if i was only rich)

H3RESQ said:
This class will not be for everybody but could be enjoyed by alot of people. Just think your 16 year old kid could build this with his buddies and your guidence. What a way to get your kids into the sport!

H3RESQ said:
Toy class sounds like a bag o worms compared to the unlimited class. At least with the unlimited class you can start with tubing,coilover,linked suspension v8's etc..... Why compare apples to oranges. This is about starting a class for someone on a limited budget. That wants to try competing for the first time. Maybe it's good **** would break. I remember watching the Bomber class at Elma raceway as a kid. The cars were slower thatn **** and piles of crap. They were the funnest class to watch. And the rules included that any car could be purchased after the races for $1500 bucks minus trailer and safty equipment. Talk about keeping it low budget. This class will not be for everybody but could be enjoyed by alot of people. Just think your 16 year old kid could build this with his buddies and your guidence. What a way to get your kids into the sport!

Best reply winner. I think there are many suzi junkies that fully understand the exact moment a suzi axle would break...they will rule the class and take home the trophy girls.

moto261 said:
you know thatz a good point i kind like the idea of building a rig and finding a young kid to drive it sounds like a good idea (if i was only rich)

You just don't get it do you. For the people that have kids this and other offroad sports is a great way to keep them busy and OUT OF TROUBLE. Ever heard of go-carts, minibikes, BMX etc.These all have entry/level classes. If you love wheeling wouldn't you like to know there's a way to get your kid involved at a young age. Teach them all the good things about competition and so on.

You have great Fab skills and a limited budget. So why knock the idea of a class(or my agreeing with it) that would be perfect for you? Unless your afraid your freinds or there kids might tear you up on the rocks!

By the way I'm not rich...................but I'm getting there!

It won't be a high spectator class, but more of a training ground like hornets, or bombers, or legends. Hell, when I started drag racing, I was running 16.2's. Not fast, but I learned how to launch, shift, and other driving skills. Never broke anything, and could drive to the track. When I started getting low 11's, high tens, I had much better understanding of how to drive, and what to do.

Now you guys are getting it. Total entry class, I didn't post it up to say it was total hardcore or it was going to compete against the unltd classrigs, just to pass on the info.

The cool part is it is a backyard fab/builder's class. No much to limit your mods like the FToy, The rules are pretty simple when you read through them, if it is Suzuki based, it is probably legal. So the guys who scrounges parts from 8 different Zuk vehicles and cuts, hacks, welds and bolts it together can run. About the only big expense to be competitive in this class would be a set of HD birfs.

Its too bad suzi's cost more than toyotas now a days:haha: :haha: :haha:

Id love to have a stock suzi and wheel the shizzy out of it.