• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Four link questions?

97f250

an body looked at the kits for doing air ride on mini trucks? looked at a few they seem like there alright and at about 250 bucks cheap they has all the joints and rods grade 8 bolts and nuts jam nuts and tabs you weld on any body tryed this ! seems pretty simple way of going about it !http://www.fbirides.com/product.asp?idno=8136 this is the web page for what seems to be pretty decent

i kinda thought that too but tube ain that expensive so to replace that dont think it would to hard cut the ends off and jam and weld in on bigger longer tube cause i know the four link seen dont use very long arms

I would do a three link and call mike up. It is real simple. Alot cheaper do just do it yourself forget kits just gather up the material looking at around your looking at around 300 for everything minus rod material and shocks.

Don't use that kit dude.....leafs work just fine for what (I guess) you're doing with your wheeler.

Besides.....the material of a 4-link is not as important as how that material (links, heims, brackets, etc.) is DESIGNED to work together, on a wheeler.

There is so much more to this topic you're asking about (suspensions) than a "mail order kit" can provide to you. Do some searching here on this site and IF you decide to open this can-of-worms (4-linking a Toyota) there will be people on this site that will point you in the CORRECT direction.....just ask nice.:awesomework:

My .02 ....... Leave the leafs in your truck.....for now.:;

ya i figure i would talk to him about it just found the kits seem pretty cheep for having all the rod ends bolt and that stuff thought it might be a decent start to a set i wanna run coils but it is still kinda just a dream i got the 63 in the rear and just cant get them set up to flex very good and the ride sucks so looking into other option

hahaq i justy made a set of 11 inch shackles for mine aint got them on yet the ones i have on are about 9 inch and i mean it flexs alright just not like i think it should i can oull one tire about 30-35 inches off the ground before picking the other tire up

i might have somting set up wrong or in a bind some where i dont know i have not been arounf to many other toyota with those springs too see how theres do

Last edited:
I would do a three link and call mike up. It is real simple. Alot cheaper do just do it yourself forget kits just gather up the material looking at around your looking at around 300 for everything minus rod material and shocks.

It costs more than $300 to link it. I spent over $300 on just the links with heims and inserts. Then your going to need tabs, towers, coil buckets, etc...

i looked at heims joins ans for about a 150 bucks you can get some pretty beffy ones with cones and lock nuts! but then not sure on qualitly ad says 45000 load cap on them ans there chromoly and that for 4 left hand thread and four right hand thread

It costs more than $300 to link it. I spent over $300 on just the links with heims and inserts. Then your going to need tabs, towers, coil buckets, etc...

Read the whole post john it says MINUS Rods tabs and shocks hey but thats cool jump the gun.

go to trail-gear or ballistic fab or any of the many sites you can get all of your joints and such there when you need your rackets get ahold of clark W or those guys they can cut you some up and then you are going to need to wheigh you truck to get the right spring rate. I would three link it. But my advice if you want a rig to perform like a buggy build a buggy.

Hey on a diffrent subject we are having a halloween party at the new house and would like to see some old faces around P.M me if you are interested.

Last edited:
i looked at he trail gear set up just seems like your paying for a name now more that a product and from them it would be around 280 just for the ends and nuts !

Latest posts