• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Freeze Yer Buns Run. . .Nov. 23-25 2007

I am trying to plan my route to the camp ground so we can go on this ran and the nearest thing i can see is that the camp is off of NF-1902.

Could some one give directions.
Kat

I've got a spare set of AT's that are in better shape then my swampers 90%vs75%. Would you guys say that the AT's would do better in the snow with the siping on them or stick with my swampers? Also is anyone coming from the puyallup/tacoma direction and wanna caravan up there?

I've got a spare set of AT's that are in better shape then my swampers 90%vs75%. Would you guys say that the AT's would do better in the snow with the siping on them or stick with my swampers? Also is anyone coming from the puyallup/tacoma direction and wanna caravan up there?

I would stick to the swampers. I am from tacoma but the g/f is 8 & half months pregant and I want to go but she is not going to have much fun. might try to go and ride solo just got to see how she feels.

question for those who've done this in the past. once ya leave 410, are the forest service roads plowed at least to the spot that everyone's camping? I'm just asking cuz I haven't had time/money to outfit my towrig ('08 Armada) with burlier tires, just have the stock all seasons on right now. But the rig is 4wd and I'd pick up some chains if ya'll think that would be necessary.

Thanks in advance. I'm looking forward to this event.

Oh, and is someone bringing a big-ass grill or should we plan to have our own?

Terry

oh, and according to accuweather.com (how accurate? don't know) it's supposed to be sunny on Friday, overcast on Saturday and sunny again on Sunday. this is per the 6-10 day forecast as of 2am, 11/18/07.

sounds good to me. hope the forecast doesn't change between now and then

:awesomework:

question for those who've done this in the past. once ya leave 410, are the forest service roads plowed at least to the spot that everyone's camping? I'm just asking cuz I haven't had time/money to outfit my towrig ('08 Armada) with burlier tires, just have the stock all seasons on right now. But the rig is 4wd and I'd pick up some chains if ya'll think that would be necessary.

Thanks in advance. I'm looking forward to this event.

Oh, and is someone bringing a big-ass grill or should we plan to have our own?

Terry

I most likely have the same tires on my 07 Frontier and plan on towing our jeep in. I am thinking about getting chains.
Kat

Rangers and Game Wardens will be out in force

Gentlemen,
please do exactly what was stated and winch when necessary and do not tear up the trails. I know for a fact the game wardens/rangers will be out in force due to late elk and deer archery opens next week in the Naches.

"On the big climbs, no one gets more that three tries before pulling cable." If you have 10 rigs that's 30 tries and that will tear the **** out of the trail.

There will be alot of hunters in that area so be careful and couteous. :cool:

Last edited:
I should have clarified. . .big, snow covered climbs. . .

You get one shot if it is muddy.

The road is not plowed all the way to camp, but we'll have motorhomes in camp. chains would be a good idea for your tow rig.

Do we need a pass of any kind to be parked/camping in this area? If so, from whom do we get one?

Thank you in advance,

Terry

From Hiway 410, take the Little Naches road (5 miles past cliffdell). Go 2 miles. Turn left over the bridge towards crow creek. At the cross roads, go diagonally into camp. Don't go up the hill or across the bridge.

when ya'll showin' up?

What time is everyone thinking of arriving at camp on Friday?

I'm thinking I'll be there around 1-2pm (assuming light traffic/decent pass conditions)

Terry

oh, well hopefully others are going to be getting there a little earlier or maybe I'll just leave a little later since I don't know exactly which spot is ideal for this group as I've never been there before

I am trying to plan my route to the camp ground so we can go on this ran and the nearest thing i can see is that the camp is off of NF-1902.

Could some one give directions.
Kat

Kat, it's the same meadow that we camped at on your 1st run with BEST. We camped at the very back end of the meadow.

Just got back into town this evening, hoping to get out somewhere Sat, that's a pretty good drive. You going around via Ellensburg way?

Not too sure yet depend on what the 410 pass looks like, thinking about taking the FS70 around or E-burg way if needed.