• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Freeze Yer Buns Run. . .Nov. 23-25 2007

I heard u had one helluva time creating a traffic jam

I was behind and within a few rigs of Kat on this particular run and the delay caused was relatively insignificant. Not sure what part of the run you are referencing but in both cases, line was pulled after a few attempts and resolution was pretty quick.

Some pretty slick sections on that trail as I think everyone can attest

line was pulled after a few attempts and resolution was pretty quick.
Some pretty slick sections on that trail as I think everyone can attest

True....There were large groups with a diverse bunch of vehicles. Some of the guys in the front moved along prety good while some of the rigs in rear were a bit slower and had to pull cable here and there....... No harm done.

My winch never gets used so pulling line to secure Kat's rig was a good opportunity for it to stretch its legs. I was impressed with the 8274's line speed. So nice when it comes to recovery but also when ya want to let it out in order to pull it in again tight on the drum.

My winch never gets used so pulling line to secure Kat's rig was a good opportunity for it to stretch its legs. I was impressed with the 8274's line speed. So nice when it comes to recovery but also when ya want to let it out in order to pull it in again tight on the drum.

Yah the line speed is really good for you and mine SUCKS, but then what can you expect from a 300.00 winch and its good thing that its our tempory winch till we get a Warn 95oo Ti.

earlier on in the trail. I believe it was Rick (yellow Jeep) that had some traction issues initially but finally made it. by the time we hit it, the driving surfaces were a super slick brown ice the width of the trail in most spots. I was actually somewhat suprised I made it other than I was locked up and used the skinny pedal generously.

the hill: started just after passing a washed out/mud bog section of trail that was on the left. path started out a bit off-camber, leveled out (good place to get the launch), and then climbed steep with a sharp left, icy,off-camber turn at the top.

Here's another fun little climb on the Raven's Roost trail (NOT the power line section)

[youtube]eiQMYkop5nk&feature=related[/youtube]

Does anyone have any additional pictures from this weekend? Is there a thread devoted to this event elsewhere (i.e. another forum?)

I thought I heard someone around camp say that they got a lot of good pics.