• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fresh look for my XP

muchado

Just did paint, powdercoat and some new shoes on my XP. The paint is Dodge Viper snake skin green---it is bright green with a lot of gold metallic in it. Changes a lot depending on light... Photos don't do the color justice. Wheels are hiper carbon beadlocks I got from HSD Racing (best price I could find).. I'll get some better pics up soon, we're headed to Little Sahara, OK this weekend.

Seats stick out like a sore thumb and I'd like to get some doors (will color match skins) but those will have to wait till winter, not much good weather left in the midwest dune season....

2b11bf92.jpg

2c184d34.jpg

2ae49b51.jpg

Looks good. 8)

What paint did you use that won't flake off the plastic? I assume you primed it....What did you use? Do the stickers just peel off? What grit did you sand with? Clear it? :fish: Sorry! ;D

I ain't had mine a week yet and already want to paint it. (not a fan of red and didn't care for their other colors either.)

cash talks said:
now it looks like a kawasaki :flipoff1:

Just tryin to keep up with them teryx's! :****: :flipoff1: :flipoff1: :flipoff1: :flipoff1:

Hard to get a photo to do color justice, this is the best I got.. Sun makes this **** POP!

313652_1941076461056_1666773605_1431771_1595996516_n.jpg

Draco said:
Looks good. 8)

What paint did you use that won't flake off the plastic? I assume you primed it....What did you use? Do the stickers just peel off? What grit did you sand with? Clear it? :fish: Sorry! ;D

I ain't had mine a week yet and already want to paint it. (not a fan of red and didn't care for their other colors either.)

I honestly don't know much about what it took to get paint on this.. I had a friend of mine do the paint/bodywork. For the raw plastic and carbon composite beadlock rings I do remember him saying that he used speez adhesion promoter.

He had quite a bit of time in working the front clip plastic as I had mashed it up pretty bad in a backflip incident.

MUCHADO said:
I honestly don't know much about what it took to get paint on this.. I had a friend of mine do the paint/bodywork. For the raw plastic and carbon composite beadlock rings I do remember him saying that he used speez adhesion promoter.

He had quite a bit of time in working the front clip plastic as I had mashed it up pretty bad in a backflip incident.

Thanks for the reply. I'll do some research on it. :dblthumb:

Draco said:
Thanks for the reply. I'll do some research on it. :dblthumb:

Yes adheasion promoter is what he would have used to get the paint to really stick to the plastic. The adhesion promoter acutally makes the paint etch in to the plastic.

NOVI FED COUPE said:
Yes adheasion promoter is what he would have used to get the paint to really stick to the plastic. The adhesion promoter acutally makes the paint etch in to the plastic.

I'm may wrap mine so I don't have to worry about it. Wife says have it dipped like I did the buggy panels...either way it'll be easier and more durable.

blacksheep10 said:
Did you powder teh arms, springs, etc?

Yes... Silver powdercoat the a arms, springs and trailing arms. Had them do my shifter rod too.

I had to paint the radius rods tho because of the injection molded plastic in them. Goin to upgrade those anyway as they are slightly bent.

wngrog said:
Awesome looking Kawasaki!

Kawi? WhAT? I was going for wild kat lol...

Bones said:
I love the bumper stickers on the seats. :woot: Can't hit Spring HIll. :flipoff1:

spring hill? err hit spring hill? I'm confused. Stilwell man, get it right! 8mi from Spring Hill :flipoff1:

yeah that was my quick way to hide the red RZR emblems...Going to order suspension seats this winter, can't do it all at once. The new wheels/tires hurt the bank account a little laughing1

B Gillespie said:
I believe that is referred to as "messican green" in the BG & Wyatt part of the world. :****:

good thing I got the mexican 12X10 wheels to go with it laughing1 laughing1 laughing1

looks like the same color my buddy painted his '67 chevy and I painted my Snapon tool box. HoK Lime Time Green Pearl....