• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Friday!

tonybolton said:
It kinda is....but only as good as the weakest link. But I didn't feel too bad watching Hellcats run 8.20's :)

It does great on the streets and holds it own against cars that I KNOW trap 100+mph. If I had wanted a track killer I'd have gotten a roots blower and some tires. I'm content with what I got.
. Man, 7.90's on a regular old street tire is good, people that don't race, don't know about this stuff, I remember back in 04 trying to get a Z06 down the track with factory tires, could only do 8.20's, but with a good tire and a little spray, 6.90's, and as you know, the more power a car has, the more important a tire is. I have no doubt your car could crack the 6.90's with a slick and good tuning.

Re: Re: Friday!

zukimaster said:
. Man, 7.90's on a regular old street tire is good, people that don't race, don't know about this stuff, I remember back in 04 trying to get a Z06 down the track with factory tires, could only do 8.20's, but with a good tire and a little spray, 6.90's, and as you know, the more power a car has, the more important a tire is. I have no doubt your car could crack the 6.90's with a slick and good tuning.
The mph is there....but it's just heavy. I think mid 7s to a glory pass of 7.2 is there.

Power is kind of non-linear as well. Kind of difficult to modulate with an automatic (So I'm finding out).

Overall....its still what I wanted. Stock driveability till 4.5k....then wham to redline.

zukimaster said:
Lol, I thought the same thing, ever wonder why most, not all, people that ride a Harley think they got to look the part? Seems they all want long bushy ass beards, tattoos everywhere, and all the club leather get up.

Is it that or do people with beards, tattoos, and who are appreciative of brotherhood gravitate toward Harleys? There's always another perspective. You meet all sorts of folks on Harleys.