• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

FRONT DANA 60 INFO NEEDED

nealcj8

TODAY I BOUGHT A JEEP WITH A BALL JOINT DANA 60, I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYBODY OUT THERE WAS RUNNING THEM, HOW DO THEY HOLD UP AND WHAT WOULD I HAVE TO DO TO CHANGE THIS OUT WITH OUT CHANGING HOUSING AND ALL? O-YEA IT'S A HP FORD FRONT. ANY INFO WOULD BE HELPFUL

Nick ran a BJ HP60 and didn't have any issues with the ball joints other than just replacing them from time to time due to a little slack. A lot of dynatrac's and Solid/Rockcruser's were ball joints and I know quite a few running those. If you want a King pin I guess you could cut off the inner C's and replace everything out, preferably with some aftermarket stuff as stock kingpin stuff sucks.

some of the newer 60's have thicker housing and i THINK smaller spline count.. not 100% sure but i wanna say 33 inner and 30 outer..

i ran one for 3 years and beat on it almost every weekend with no problems . with 5.13 gears 40 inch tires. just gas on it :driving:

nealcj8 said:
THANKS FOR THE INFO I JUST DIDNT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM AND DIDN'T KNOW IF THEY WOULD HOLD UP :dblthumb:

I think it will hold up just fine - even with your very aggressive and at times outrageous driving style! :dblthumb:

J.A.B said:
I think it will hold up just fine - even with your very aggressive and at times outrageous driving style! :dblthumb:

X2. Did the guy that got your old jeep get the throttle linkage fixed?? I heard that engine seems to rev higher :driving: