• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fuel Cell Issues Damnit

J.A.B

I have an RCI fuel cell that has twice now had 2 of the vertical welds fail on it. I have tried several different rubbers to mount it on. I can't get the one I have fixed by this weekend so I have decide to order a new one. Does anyone think that the ones with the safety foam inside would be susceptible to cracking??

CS3204B1/2 son MattO had the same problem in his Jeep and once I sealed every weld and seam on it with that stuff no more problems.

Your an airplane type , that **** was designed for exactly this situation ! :woot: I have a few tubes of it if you want to do it.

I'm not really sure what that stuff is but if it will work I am all for it. Would I need to get the small crack I have now tiged or can I simply seal over it whit this stuff?

No need to tig, the ****'s that good. Its used for aircraft fuel cells ( wings ) Designed specifically for fuel applications and aluminum. thumb.gif

You dont answer your phone !!! :flipoff1:

Just post an address and Ill take care of you SON flashemifyougotem Hate for anyone to miss a holiday weekend when they have a trip planned. That always sucks.

That stuff P has is AWESOME. My RCI cell did the same damn thing. It also leadked around the tank mounted sender really bad. I took it to P and they sealed every interior seem it had. I never had another problem and it made riding so much more enjoyable without smelling gas all day. Another thing on those cells, make sure you don't rely on those aluminum tabs to mount it. Use straps!

I cant ship it until tommorow but Ill get it to you UPS so it'll arrive Wednesday morning. Stuff set's up in 30 minutes so you wont have any problems getting it knocked out. Ill include some tips and instructions to make it a simple process for you.

Great man - I appreciate.

Does this stuff need to be applied on the inside of the tank or will the outside do?

Needs to be inside so it can fill the joint. Youll spend more time draining and doing the R&R of the fuel cell then you will appling the stuff ! laughing1

A simple wipe down on the cell will be fine. No real need to get carried away with cleaning it , wipe it out and let it air out a little then get to work.

P said:
CS3204B1/2 son MattO had the same problem in his Jeep and once I sealed every weld and seam on it with that stuff no more problems.

Your an airplane type , that **** was designed for exactly this situation ! :woot: I have a few tubes of it if you want to do it.

PROSEAL RULES!!!! Dont get it on you

Product testing update - could not get to the back of the fuel cell to well due to the way it was shaped but did get some back there. Had that area tiged for extra precautions - rode all weekend with no leaks.

Good stuff - I need a stock of this stuff - you could seal anything with it I think :****:

True Story:

My neighbor in Ks had this clapped out Polaris 4x4 2 stroke ATV. Cracked the transmission case and didnt want to pay to fix it so I put this sealant on it just to see how long it would last. He rode it several times without leaks and holding together the surface were the shift rail came into the tranny. Then he dropped it hard on the case pulling it outta his truck on the tailgate and it started leaking again. Its pretty damn good stuff . Adhesive like JB Weld but not brittle like JB is... I have it on the dash of my buggy to keep rain and water out of the psuedo box my puter and harness is stashed in.

Went Riding Sunday and my damn cell started leaking. After about four hours headache from hell.
P can I buy some of this from you or can you give me a source?