• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fuel injection harness reviews

85toyo

Im getting ready to purchase the engine harness for my 6.0 and was curious what everyone has used and your experiences with the product. The top two on the list as of now are painless and howell. The easier the better since im not very good at wiring :****:

I had my harness cut down by Jim's performance, and it was easy and straight forward, just plug it up and hook up 3 wires and your good to go

race_jeep said:
I had my harness cut down by Jim's performance, and it was easy and straight forward, just plug it up and hook up 3 wires and your good to go
The junk yard where I got my motor cut the harness at the fire wall when they pulled the motor so I'll have to buy a new one.

It is time consuming, but if you are good at reading schematics, you can repair it.
Jim's performance, or even Howell would be able to do it as well, and would save you some money, as opposed to buying a new one. I have had to do this on swaps, where the harness was too long to begin with.
Its very rewarding when you fire up an engine, after going through a harness yourself. Still is for me after 18 years of carb to EFI swaps.

Larry's electrical in illinois did mine send him ur computer he puts a tune on it and builds whole new harness with all new wire and plugs top notch work I can give u his contact info if needed he charges 850 may be high to everyone else's prices but he makes it simple 3 wire hook up and it is all new and neat

NTIDWELL said:
Larry's electrical in illinois did mine send him ur computer he puts a tune on it and builds whole new harness with all new wire and plugs top notch work I can give u his contact info if needed he charges 850 may be high to everyone else's prices but he makes it simple 3 wire hook up and it is all new and neat
That's really not a bad price compared to the rest of them. Send me the contact info and I'll give them a call. Thanks

JimboCa said:
It is time consuming, but if you are good at reading schematics, you can repair it.
Jim's performance, or even Howell would be able to do it as well, and would save you some money, as opposed to buying a new one. I have had to do this on swaps, where the harness was too long to begin with.
Its very rewarding when you fire up an engine, after going through a harness yourself. Still is for me after 18 years of carb to EFI swaps.
I'm limited on time so I can't do it myself and would rather buy new to be sure it's right the first time.

Painless is higher than a giraffes *****. I've heard good things about howell. I know a lot of people use Jims but I've heard some bad stuff about theirs

Hey, I'd like contact info for all three, Jim's performance, Howel's and Larry's electrical in Illinois. PLEASE! Can someone PM me with contact info?

I would be careful with the Howell harness, I bought one for a 8.1 and every time we turned the ignition on the throttle body would go full open. Adam at wide open design has the buggy and him and a buddy finally figured it out after hours of looking at it, Howell had 2 wires crossed in the harness. Again it could be bad luck on my part but just saying be careful what you go with.
Jims performance is really good and will do whatever it take to make sure it's right.

offrd said:
I would be careful with the Howell harness, I bought one for a 8.1 and every time we turned the ignition on the throttle body would go full open. Adam at wide open design has the buggy and him and a buddy finally figured it out after hours of looking at it, Howell had 2 wires crossed in the harness. Again it could be bad luck on my part but just saying be careful what you go with.
Jims performance is really good and will do whatever it take to make sure it's right.
Were there customer service issues to go with this or just problems with the harness?

I talked with them a couple of times and all they could say was " I've never heard of anything like that" really no help. I am calling them back on Monday to tell them what the issue was. I'm curious what they will say then.

Schwanke, they have several options including tunes. You can even get it that deletes the O2 and knock sensors. Schwankesshortblocks.com you can get the harness for less than $300 and tuned omputer + harness for about $500.