• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fuel injection on old school sbc

417chevy

So I'm thinking efi of some sort on my small block anyone know of any ls style injection for old school heads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes there are several.

Holley and F.A.S.T. are generally highly regarded. Edelbrock has options also.

To get all the benefits of "LS" style injection, you also need "LS" style ignition. Coil near plug with crank and cam sensors.

So you'd have $3000+ in your injection and ignition...

You'd have to have a really nice built and good running SBC to justify aftermarket EFI when a complete 'LS" style truck engine plus harness and conversion/swap bits would cost roughly the same (or quite a bit less)

Unless you already have the makings of a high hp sbc engine just go with an LS... I had lots of new parts already before my build so that is what and why I'm running itand I have a lot in fuel injection for my new buggy compared to just buying a complete LS and tuning it for a respectable amount of power. I went with the EFI connections 24x conversion, new coils, big injectors, big throttle body, big intake neck, big intake, big fuel rails, made coil brackets, bought a new reman ecu, big mass air meter, big fuel system and had an entire new harness and fuse box made. That puts me well above $3,500.00 not including having it tuned and dynoed! so $3,500-$4,000 + not including the rest of the engine.
(just to validate Nicks post because he is correct)

Ok guess I hadn't thought about the ignition side of things I was just thinking an ls intake and injection but still keeping distributor and ignition might just have to fork out the 2k on an efi set up was worth a try Iguess or maybe propane I don't know just know carb is not gona be so great

so you were thinking like an junkyard LS injection conversion, like people used to do all the time with TBI on various engines?

what are the specs on the motor you have?

Ol stockish 350?

Or high strung high compression hellion?

What happened to the big block ?

People wheeled with carbs for years. According to what kind of carb you have, it can be real easy to make it run fine at angles. Adjustable fuel pressure regulator, seal and remote or extend vent the fuel bowl.
There is a LOT of tech on making quadrajets run off road.

Hell, a 2bl Motorcraft will already run

You can pick up Holley projection used for pretty cheap it's a tbi setup good for a stockish motor

I'm running a big ol motor craft 2 barrel. I wish it was a 4 barrel for a little more power but for what it is they can't be beat.

550 lift solid lift big dome piston 383 stroker 12:1 motor zero decked iron eagle heads

Re:

Look at a fast ez EFI or holley terminator. Sounds like that engine might be worth putting an injection on.

Or just stick a single mixer propane kit on it to hold you over. Chances are you won't "need" all that power, so the propane kit probably won't hold you back much.

417chevy said:
550 lift solid lift big dome piston 383 stroker 12:1 motor zero decked iron eagle heads

Big dome pistons and block decked you should be higher than 12:1 but yea that's pretty built. None of the factory efi systems will want to run that combo. I would get an efi that bolts to a carb intake so when you swap to the bb you can still use it.