• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fullsize truck suggestions?

Binder said:
I wasn't poking fun at your misfortunate situation Mike. At least you keep a good since of humor about it.:D

Really. I figured you were and I found it funay :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff:

Lifes too short to be pissed for any length of time :D

Binder said:
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
You don't have to do much reading to learn just how reliable that Dodge really isn't.:;

Anytime, anyplace, towing any weight, I am 100% sure that my cummins will outpull and outlast your truck. You have obviously never taken either of them (cummins or powerstroke) apart or you would better understand why. The cummins is a meduim duty engine (used in upto 60,000 lb track hoes) a powerstroke is a light diesel engine (not used in heavy construction equipment):rolleyes: As for the lift pump problem a 24v has that is about the only problem they will ever have.

TreeClimber said:
I was pokin' fun at you. If you can hit the curveballs of life, you'll get to home plate alot faster.

Tony

Your just a lil evil man :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff:

Fullywrecked said:
Anytime, anyplace, towing any weight, I am 100% sure that my cummins will outpull and outlast your truck. You have obviously never taken either of them (cummins or powerstroke) apart or you would better understand why. The cummins is a meduim duty engine (used in upto 60,000 lb track hoes) a powerstroke is a light diesel engine (not used in heavy construction equipment):rolleyes: As for the lift pump problem a 24v has that is about the only problem they will ever have.

You don't get it do you? It's not the Cummins (usually) with the problems. It's the rest of the truck that it's attached to. I'm fully aware of the differences between the two engines, it has little to do with what we are talking about. If you think a lift pump is your only problem you need to think again.
83Yota you can buy whatever you want and good luck with it. The rest of you can think what you want, I'm done with this thread.

Binder said:
You don't get it do you? It's not the Cummins (usually) with the problems. It's the rest of the truck that it's attached to. I'm fully aware of the differences between the two engines, it has little to do with what we are talking about. If you think a lift pump is your only problem you need to think again.
83Yota you can buy whatever you want and good luck with it. The rest of you can think what you want, I'm done with this thread.

Your point is well taken. And you're not the first to make that point. Seen it in many other threads when the subject of Ford / Dodge / Chevy is brought up.

I bought a Ford Superduty (no apologies need), knowing full well that the Cummins is considered the 'standard' of light duty truck diesels.

My justification was that I'm not a dodge truck fan, even though I like the engine. Chevy's have IFS, and that kinda turns me off. And my old F250 lasted me from 1991 to 2005, so I was kinda loyal to Ford. But it's a tough call. The Duramax, Cummins, and Powerstroke all are decent engines. The Alison trany is probably the best (chevy) but ford and dodge have the best front ends (dana 60s). Me, I'd like an F250 truck with a Cummins and an Allison, but that ain't happening.

IF you're buying used, I'd drive all three, and buy the one that 'feels' right to you.

T

Binder said:

Man, he really gets pissey when he's wrong. I do say that the steering is kinda shitty on the Dodge's but that's an easy fix with a brace. I can't thimk of anything else that doesn't fall under wear and tear that a ford wouldn't also be pron to.

83yota said:
Im in the market for a new (to me) truck. I want a fullsize, ext. cab 4x4 preferably short bed. I need something to tow my 3000 lb Toy and trailer, as well as a 4 place quad trailer. I also drive 60 miles a day to work and would like something comfy and good on road trips. I have about 12-14k to spend. Any suggestions? Im leaning towards

1999+ Chevy 1/2 ton (5.3 or 6.0L?)
Dodge 1/2 ton
Dodge 3/4 cummins
???????

Ive never owned a diesel, so I don't know much about them, but the power and economy is a plus. But a Chev 1/2 ton are dime a dozen and reliable.
Any suggestions and info on problems,etc with these would be cool.

Brent

And regarding Diesel -v- Gas.
Most people are better off with diesel.
3000 pound toys on 1500 pound trailers can be towed behind a S-Blazer with a 4.3 V6. That's nothing weight wise.
So, a 5.3 or 6.0 fullsize will tow it no problemo. And a gas motor'd truck will be $3 - $5000 less than the same thing in diesel.
If you do the math, at 10 mpg for gas and 15 for diesel, and equal cost for fuel, driving 18000 miles per year. Figuring fuel costs at $3.50 gallon.
The gas rig takes 1800 gallons per year, and the diesel takes 1200 gallons per year. So the diesel will SAVE you about 600 gallons per year at $3.5 per gallon or about $2100 year SAVINGS in fuel. So in 3 years of ownership, you've paid for the extra cost of buying the diesel. Give or take.
T

Binder said:

I do get it, I have not had one major failure with any dodges I have owned and none of them have had less than 140k when I bought them. So You are so good at pointing out these problems but you cannot be specific about any of them, so from what is obvious is you are oblivious of the situation and you need to get a life or learn to back up your so not well thought out answers. :kissmyass:

Id rather be cummin than stroken:flipoff:

Sorry had to do it. Either way my dad owns a ford gas rig and its a gas hog. Very comfortable lots of room, but very big and bulky to drive. Never owned a dodge but i have been in quite a few and i like em alot:D

I love driving my piece of crap up a hill and passing a ford. While towing more than it is.