• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

fun brake tech?

skipnrocks

I am running a ford mustang hydro boost setup in my kids buggy. It has a metric outputs to the brakes,

Here are my questions, I want to convert one of the ports to -an 4 fitting to go to the flex line that I have but the hydraulic shop doesnt know how to adapt it because they cant find a fitting. So my three questions are

1: does anyone know what metric brake lines go into them
2: they have a different flare than normal brake lines is it called an inverted flare?
3: Third is there an adapter fitting that goes directly to an line?

I did a quick search and I'm seeing it used a bubble flare rather than inverted flare. M10 and m12 if the info I found is correct.

I usually go dig through the fittings bins at the parts store to find adapters for brake lines.

I'm not sure these will work, but look the be close atleast.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Russell/799/640441/10002/-1

I know they have bubble to IF fittings and IF to AN. Might have to go that way.

You could also stack a bubble to inverted flare adapter and an inverted flare to AN adapter.

I would guess the port closest to firewall would be for front brakes. Do you know what year the master cylinder is from?

You could also have the line custom made with the fittings you need on either end. When I made the brake lines for my current build that is what I did. I did have to purchase a double flaring tool but I believe some of the parts stores rent them out.

Lil ugly said:
You could also have the line custom made with the fittings you need on either end. When I made the brake lines for my current build that is what I did. I did have to purchase a double flaring tool but I believe some of the parts stores rent them out.

Be cautious with this. I done this and when a line fails you are SOL because it is all "custom". Much better off to use the adapters and a standard AN line that is easy to source.