• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Funding...The other side of the coin.

Binder

Think back.....way back before the internet. Back before large amounts of information were at your fingertips. Back then if someone would have told you that you had to buy a yearly pass $80 to go wheeling and that's all you knew. Would you just pay the $80 and go wheeling? It would have been difficult to really figure out what the $80 went for and what you did or didn't get out of it........Today...$80 for me is a poor choice of when to blip the throttle as I watch parts fly into the bushes. I would do this and not think twice about the $80 in parts. I would just fix my rig and go wheeling again next week.........In the big picture of things should we be making a big deal over ~$80 in fees to go wheeling or should we just be glad we can go wheeling?
Discuss.....:corn:

I'll pay it, and I'm a poor college student. But, the only way I'll pay it is if it comes back to us. If it goes into a general fund, or only 20% of it comes back to recreation, it would be hard for me to be convinced to buy it.

I think nothing of paying $80-100 to walk around in the woods every Autumn, looking in vain for antlers... just the right amount of antlers, not too many, not too few.

I have every inclination to just pay the fees. And will accept the possibility of it not working.

Why? Because.....WE ARE NOT GETTING ANY HANDOUTS THIS TIME. Put your greedy little hands down.:rolleyes: Time to get your wallets out.

:mad:I don't like it, but it's the truth.

I'd pay $80 to wheeling, i'd probably pay more if i had to. Too bad no matter how it goes down, most of the money will line the pockets of middle men.

It's hard to think of the national deficit, and the amount of money our government spends, but does not have and cannot repay. It is even harder think someone will pay for our recreation priveledge on top of all of that.

Maybe we need to get some $$ raised and go bribe someone instead of fighting them. It's all crooked anyways.:beer:

I would pay $80. Hell I would pay more (but can't afford much more). The thing is I love to wheel and want my sons to be able to wheel also. My wife likes to wheel and I would like to keep her into it so she will let me spend some money on my wheeler. We are going to have to deal with some higher costs to be able to keep wheeling cause the state is not going to pay for us to have fun. On thing I do think should happen if/when we have to start paying more to wheel and use the areas is we should be able to change/add to the trails to make it worth the money we and others will be spending.

I understand that I want my 80 to go to the ORV parks but how much money are you really going to generate even if every 4x4, motorcycle, quad, and any other motorized ORV paid the $80?

I doubt you could even fund walk valley....

It pisses me off because most of the stuff on our trails is voulanteer! I am in the army and believe that I'm there to protect my kids and your kids freedoms, for me it all boils down to the same thing as gun control it's already written don't f@wk with it!!

I'd pay $80 a year to wheel and ride. I definitely wouldn't be as happy to pay if the money gets diverted elsewhere like the NOVA fund for example. But if the money was staying in the sport, I would not have a problem paying more.

In my opinion, it's not the people that would be willing to pay that matter, it's the people that WON'T.
I bet for every person that is honest, and pays their dues, there are multiple people that will not. I'm sure this is how the numbers are right now as well. But my guess is it would be higher, the higher the fee gets.

I'd pay $80 a year to wheel legally. IF the fee went to ORV only. But when was the last time any fee,tax or any revenue was used for what they it would be used for. I personally am sick and tired of giving up money for something they promise it will go toward only to have it "diverted" (stolen) to something else.

I understand that I want my 80 to go to the ORV parks but how much money are you really going to generate even if every 4x4, motorcycle, quad, and any other motorized ORV paid the $80?

Same here. But what if that was the only option?

How many of us would think twice where the $$ went lets say 10 years ago?

I'd pay......But I too would have to be assured the money is going where it would benefit our sport of choice for enjoying the outdoors. 10 yrs ago, if there was a pay-to-play in effect, I'd likely have paid then as well.

It is posible to fund all of DNR ORV and inprove the quallity of the trails. The math works and we could do it. This is plan B that I have brought up

If I really believed it would go to help the ORV community, probably would. I don't, so the DNR and their overlords can kick rocks.

I have a hard time between, believing the right thing will be done with my money and it being used to build a nice bench for a ****ing hiker to stop and enjoy the wilderness...

Why don't we shut down all the urban parks that have people hanging out all night doing drugs???

What if we were to do some urban park wheeling??? That **** would get shut down with the quickness... But, there's nothing being done about the needles, used condoms, urine, human fecies...

I really think we need to start coming together to get things shut down that we don't use... Things that pose a danger to us in our own neighborhoods...

"Wheelers Against Urban Drug Parks"

Let's put the shoe on the other foot...

I would pay $500 a year to wheel the old Reiter.

Easy. Not kidding. No bullshit. $500 / year.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If they gave us back all of old Reiter from the top of Izzy to the back of BYS, $500 would FLY out of my wallet and into DNR's hands. I'd pay $1000 for all of old Reiter back. It is that important to my lifestyle. Are you reading this DNR? I wonder what the average hiker would pay for their access?

Yes, I would pay if it were worth it to me. No bullshit.

I have been stolen from by the same people that you want me to pay. **** THEM.

I have wheeled at several private property owners own land that they are generous enough to share.

I would not give the state my $80. :puke:

I would rather give 4 of my play areas owners $20 each. They have never stole from me and I have always been welcome with just lending a hand and respecting the land and rules. I would feel better giving back to someone who has given to me. :awesomework:

**** thieves.:looser: