• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

FYBR: Naches Nov. 24-26. BE THERE

OldGreen

Formerly known as the "End of Dirt" run. This is an open run for anyone that doesn't mind the cold, snow, ice and some pretty extreme wheelin'.

Disclaimer: If it doesn't snow (or the current snow doesn't stick) this will be a "normal" trail run and run to funny/moon. Chances are, however, that this will be an "extreme/hardcore/whatever you wanna call it" run.

If you have never been to Naches at this time of year, you are in for a treat. The goal will be to Summit Quartz Mountain from the Naches side. If Quartz denies us, we will attempt Raven's Roost on the road (nothing like 4 feet of fresh powder and 1 psi to make your right foot happy) if the Roost denies us, well, we probably didn't make it to camp in the tow rig anyway so whereever the wheelin' is, the wheelin' was. .

Required equipment:
Cold Weather GEAR
Recovery Points
Patience and sense of humor
weighted right foot
Testicles (both. . .sorry Crash)

Suggested Equipment:
Winch
Locker (s)
Gnarly tires
Cage (wheel at your own risk)
Extra fuel
etc. . .etc. . .etc. ..BE PREPARED.
photo/video equipment would be a plus as well.

Pics from last year:
naches1105ravenstop24kj.jpg

naches1105climb11yt.jpg

naches1105ravenstop8jf.jpg

naches1105hovercraft9sj.jpg

Please post up if you are coming or have any questions. This is just an "informal gathering" but I want to get a headcount anyway. Plenty of room on the trails for all. Camp is at Long Meadow above Crow Creek.

Isnt Ravens roost closed to all but snowmobiles by that time? Nothing pisses me off more than hitting ruts from wheelers at 60 on my sled :mad:

benw said:
Nope, snowmobile season starts whenever the signs go up after Dec. 1st.

Dec 1st? realy? they start puting those up around my cabin mid november.

Not that that realy stops everybody:rolleyes: Always some idiot who goes past and tears up all the nice grooming that my sled registration pays for. :mad:

We used to call this run "End of Dirt" because of the closures on Dec. 1. We get the trails/roads from April 1 to November 30 and the snow machines get the winter. Seems fair to me. I don't snow mobile, but if I did, I wouldn't want big ruts either. On the other hand, we do run accross a few snow machines on this run and, even though they are illegal technically (can't operate on road while they are open to wheeled vehicles in the NF), I don't mind them at all.

TB-F said:
Dec 1st? realy? they start puting those up around my cabin mid november.

Not that that realy stops everybody:rolleyes: Always some idiot who goes past and tears up all the nice grooming that my sled registration pays for. :mad:

I know I'm hijacking my own thread. . .but the only time I've wheeled on groomed roads is the weekend after they open them back up in April (week or 2 old grooming). I gotta say, bigish , aired down tires don't make much of a dent in the spring snow. . .LOL. . .But, yeah, they don't start grooming until Dec. 1 or later. Officially, the roads close then in the NF anyway, but some other areas stay open until the groomers come out based on snow pack (Ahtanum is like that I think. . .)

On topic. . .come to this run. It will be a good chance for some West side guys to meet us desert dwellers!!! Wheelin' will be prime. :clappy:

OldGreen said:
I know I'm hijacking my own thread. . .but the only time I've wheeled on groomed roads is the weekend after they open them back up in April (week or 2 old grooming). I gotta say, bigish , aired down tires don't make much of a dent in the spring snow. .

We used to do that. Park at Blewit pass and snow wheel to the cabin (about 12 miles) super fun, and you'r right. It dosent leave much of a dent.

OldGreen said:
It will be a good chance for some West side guys to meet us desert dwellers!!!
Team camel should join the desert dwellers. :haha:

Looks like a lot of fun OldGreen. I can't make it. I will be family wheelin' that weekend at the Ahtanum and hoping for snow on Sedge Ridge.

Have fun a take your camera so you can post pics. I still didn't see many pics from the Darland Mt. run you were on last April.

Sidenote: Don't stay home because you are scared. The hill in the second picture is very early on in the trail so if you are intimidated or frightened by it, you'll find out early and I'll point you to some more mild spots. If you make it past there. . .GAME ON.

If you have a weak right foot, just make sure you bring your winch wench w/cramp ons.

Another pic of the same hill. . .look familiar to anyone?

naches1105climb23vm.jpg

I'm sure you did. It is the one with the big log on the right hand (going up) side for people to stand on and watch. No biggy in the dry, fun in the mud, and it is the gate keeper in the snow.

GRNTACO said:
Yes. I winched somone up that in the mud..........would hate to see him with snow.:haha:
:rolleyes: Bring it, biznatch! :flipoff: Until you throw some MTRs on your truck, and start that hill from the middle with an anemic motor you can't say jack. :kissmyass: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

OldGreen said:
I'm sure you did. It is the one with the big log on the right hand (going up) side for people to stand on and watch. No biggy in the dry, fun in the mud, and it is the gate keeper in the snow.
Yup. Ben and I ran up to the flatish spot on the left (about where this picture was taken from) as you're going up for whatever reason, I think to get a strap or something to the top for Brent who had trouble too. So zero run at it, gummed up tires, and asmatic squirrel power turning them resulted in me losing whatever forward momentum I'd gotten and sliding backwards and off the side. :clappy: WHEEEEEeeeeeee:redneck:
normal_DSCN0548.JPG