• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Galbraith Mtn for sale!

I am still amazed at how people think that just because it is "privately" owned land, you can do anything you want on it. FFS has anyone tried to build a house lately? Just because it is "private" does not mean you can do anything you want on it. Sure you can try to get away with doing anything you want, and some folks do, but the bottom line is you only own the right to pay the taxes on it or get a permit to do what you want on it if the Gubernent decides to let you.

The same will run true with Galbraith. What, 1200 acres are in the "watershed". This will be a bigger fight than Reiter. I would love to be optimistic. But being a builder in Whatcom and most especially in Bellingham, I would not waste my time and most especially my money. Ya'll think Bill Lider is bad, wait till all the greenies from Huxley get up there and chain themselves to trees. Even if there was an ORV section, it would be scrutinized to the point of where we would be working on the system 24/7 and would never have time to wheel. Nope, save your money and time and put it where it will actually be an area that will be ORV friendly.

Chop's semi-right anyhting north of "Walker" is a waste of time and money. IMHO

Even if there was an ORV section, it would be scrutinized to the point of where we would be working on the system 24/7 and would never have time to wheel. Nope, save your money and time and put it where it will actually be an area that will be ORV friendly.

Whats happening at Walker? Reiter?:corn:

Ugh, you guys are missing something...

If Galbraith shuts down, all those grape smugglers will be flooding the trails at walker. Keep Galbraith open, keep spandex out of Walker! :awesomework:

Ugh, you guys are missing something...

If Galbraith shuts down, all those grape smugglers will be flooding the trails at walker. Keep Galbraith open, keep spandex out of Walker! :awesomework:

No they won't. Most of them HATE motorcyclists on thier trails, and thusly hate motorcycle trails. They will just build bootleg trails elsewhere...

Just FYI

DNR has an healthy budget for land purchases and forest rehab in Skagit Co in 2011/13

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Maybe something is already in the works

there is a County Council Meeting tonight at 7pm to talk about Galbraith... We need an ORV contingient there to say we support galbraith being open for recreation.. but multi-use should be considered.

What an interesting meeting. Mostly non constructive finger pointing. I talked to Kelly Linville, sh mentioned to me how her add got kicked because of nova funds :p

Wasn't she a loud voice in support of the theft of the NOVA funds?

haha sorry darn spell check on my phone... Quick Synopsis:

They need money.

They aren't opposed to some motorized use.

They see multiple use as a good way to build a relationship between the different user groups.

If you live in bellingham and want another ORV opportunity, this is probably the quickest way to get some type of trail system going. Its all private, and dispersed.

About Kelli Linville. I had an Op-Ed article about her stealing the NOVA funds away from her. She told me how that was one of the things that lost her election to Buys last November. We had a good conversation, she is running for Mayor, and I actually believe her when she admits she probably shouldn't have transferred that money.

It'd be quite a turn around to see the ORV community backing Kelly linville, especially if she becomes a vocal proponent of managed orv use on Galbraith with other recreation forms. :D

Its a good day :;

This all sounds very interesting...It'd be cool to get some of the old trails opened up up there......:D
Jakob, Thank you for going:awesomework: Looking forward to talking more later this week.:cool:

I've been riding Galby like crazy lately. There was a meeting tonight on this issue that I was unable to make. I hope to hear good news back.

Seems like no mater what sport I get into, the area in which I do it gets shut down! :mad:

I've been riding Galby like crazy lately. There was a meeting tonight on this issue that I was unable to make. I hope to hear good news back.

Seems like no mater what sport I get into, the area in which I do it gets shut down! :mad:

yah. it sucks. I stood up there telling people I was up amungst a similar group about two years ago when Reiter was being shut down.

But I think there is some opportunity to not only save Galbraith, but work with mtn bikers, and perhaps get some multiple use trails. Its a much different monster than DNR.

ROFL!!!

GALBRAITHMEETING_009.standalone.prod_affiliate.39.JPG

yah. it sucks. I stood up there telling people I was up amungst a similar group about two years ago when Reiter was being shut down.

But I think there is some opportunity to not only save Galbraith, but work with mtn bikers, and perhaps get some multiple use trails. Its a much different monster than DNR.

Thank you! I'm going to make an effort to keep this place alive. Having been at the summit, seen the views, and riding just about every trail up there really gives an incentive to stand up for it.

Plus I just bought A WHIMP trail map... little good that will do if it gets shut down... :mad: