• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GAP - Dirt Riot Race Round 1 - February 23, 2013

Re: drit roit

wannabe said:
thought GR was closing?

Tony is still working on insurance. I feel he will find it at price that will work for the park.

I don't see it closing, but I have been wrong before, just ask my wife. ::)

2013-Schedule-PUBLIC.jpg

Saw that a little while after I posted. Thanks though. I know my buggy won't pass U4. I think it will pass ECORS as it sits but there are some major differences if I remember correctly. I am pretty sure U4 requires a bladder style fuel cell as well as a firewall along with other things I won't be putting in just to pass tech.

hmmm... looks like a bunch of us ECORS guys are not really gonna "fit" into the Dirt Riot rules...

Oh well, I'm sure we'll still show up and race. :driving:

TBItoy said:
hmmm... looks like a bunch of us ECORS guys are not really gonna "fit" into the Dirt Riot rules...

Oh well, I'm sure we'll still show up and race. :driving:

Some of the ECORS guys ran the Dirt Riot race at Dayton this year though-Scott Lang and Marc Zaboth. I'll see what Rich says about the rules.

dragr1 said:
Some of the ECORS guys ran the Dirt Riot race at Dayton this year though-Scott Lang and Marc Zaboth. I'll see what Rich says about the rules.

pretty sure that Dayton race was an "exhibiton only" type deal.

Requiring 2 lockers and a "full body" knocks a lot of "A" class Ecors guys out of the Stock Trail Class....

Ultra4 rules are really restrictive for the lower classes.

We'll see, i'm sure a bunch of us will still show up and race, no matter what class they put us in.

Hey Guys, here's the deal ....
We will be offering 3 pro classes that have basically a 75% payback and 2 sportsman classes that will have a lower entry fee and a 50% payback

We run different type courses at each venue - it all depends on the terrain we find

Most of the smaller class rigs that races at Dayton seemed to think we had to much rock

Also don't expect the courses to be identical to the ecorr races were you have raced in the past, I'm sure we find some new stuff

We get on site early, as this is our only job, and have well marked and planned courses

We look forward to having those of you who wish to race with us do so......

I can assure you you will have a good time and like what we do and how we do it

If you have any questions please feel free to call me @ 530-417-5333
I will always call back if I don't pick up so please leave a message, we spend a lot if time in the wilds where cell service is sometimes hard to find LOL

TBItoy said:
pretty sure that Dayton race was an "exhibiton only" type deal.

Requiring 2 lockers and a "full body" knocks a lot of "A" class Ecors guys out of the Stock Trail Class....

Ultra4 rules are really restrictive for the lower classes.

We'll see, i'm sure a bunch of us will still show up and race, no matter what class they put us in.

I run all of our courses with a Cherokee with a rear Detroit and front ARB - I rarely use the ARB :)

Big Rich said:
I run all of our courses with a Cherokee with a rear Detroit and front ARB - I rarely use the ARB :)

That's what I figured, it just said "required" in the rules.

Just curious, what "class" would a "stock" type rig with more body mods (or no factory body except narrowed hood) run in?

Say like my #101 Toyota (no roof/doors/glass) or Scott's #151 Zuki (no factory body from firewall back)

TBItoy said:
That's what I figured, it just said "required" in the rules.

Just curious, what "class" would a "stock" type rig with more body mods (or no factory body except narrowed hood) run in?

Say like my #101 Toyota (no roof/doors/glass) or Scott's #151 Zuki (no factory body from firewall back)

It looks like you could fit in stock trail but Julio would be in mod trail class :wtflol:

im in fo sho and will have a arb installed in front , what will the pro entry fee's be not that im a pro just curios.

Neal3000 said:
It looks like you could fit in stock trail but Julio would be in mod trail class :wtflol:

WWWHAT ,,,, :dunno: ,,,, so my "ECORS" spec built, A-Class race car would NOT be in the "Dirt Riot version of A-Class" ,,, :spin: :spin: :spin:

DAMN

so what kinda rigs I,m gonna have to race against in this "mod trail class" yall :dunno:

here the rules for trail class Julio- sounds like mod class is pretty much unlimited, what sux is that your rig don't fit in the stock or mod class for ultra4 either, maybe they will grant you an exception of some sort since all your missing from being a stock sami is the rear sheet metal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stock Trail

1. Frame must be stock full frame (exception, when bobbing the rear then only can a minimum amount of frame be removed, equal to the amount of body removed), with all cross members (exception, frt. Cross member with changing to a straight axle).

2. Suspension type must remain the same as OE, per vehicle production year, make and model.

3. Any axle up-grade is ex-acceptable

4. No tire greater than 37" by sidewall listing or metric equivalent

5. Full body vehicles only, bobbing is allowed between rear axle and rear bumper, but at least 24" must remain from centerline of axle to rear of bumper, no dovetailing or boat siding allowed

6. No cutting of floor is allowed with the following exemptions. The center section of the floor is approved for cutting & rising to allow drive train clearance directly over drive train components. This does not include Drivelines, axles or axle shafts. Cutting and re-boxing for the clearance of non-suspension items, including tires, shocks and fuel tank is permitted. No boxing for clearance of springs, air-shocks, or suspension links is allowed.

Modified Trail

1. Must have body panels including hood when starting the race

2. Any suspension mod's allowed

3. Stock or round tube chassis's are acceptable

Both Classes

1. No By-pass type shocks allowed, in mod trial coil-over shocks are acceptable

2. 6 point cage of acceptable design and configuration, must be at least 1.5" .120 wall or greater and magnetic steel material

3. Minimum of 4 point harnesses must be used for both driver and co-driver; they must be in good shape and show no signs of wear or weather damage, condition to be decided by a Dirt riot "Official"

4. Side protection/Door bars required

5. Minimum 6000lb front mounted winch wit synthetic winch line, winch must be operational

6. Solid roof required, magnetic metal of at least .040 or aluminum of 1/8" in thickness acceptable

7. Complete floorboard and firewall required, firewall must extend from inner side panel to opposite inner side panel, and from floorboard to engine hood.

8. Fuel cell/gas tank must be separated from passenger compartment. Fuel cells must be strapped and not flange mounted

9. Minimum 2 5lb fire extinguishers must be mounted within reach rescue personnel, and mounted in such a way as they are secure but easily accessed when needed.

10. Seats must be mounted securely to the cage or floorboards

11. All Wiring, brake lines, fuel lines and vent lines must be in good condition and secured as needed

12. Battery must be of a dry cell or gel cell construction and securely mounted with a cage, box, or over the top strap.

13. Rear facing amber light must be visible to rear approaching vehicles; light must be hard wired so it stays on with ignition switched on

14. Vehicles must be equipped with differential locking devices in both front and rear axles

15. It is highly recommended that vehicles be equipped with beadlock wheels

16. Vehicles must carry a small first aid kit

17. Driver and Co-pilot must wear helmets, helmets must be dot, SNELL or FIA approved. Helmets must be current in dating and in good condition.

18. High back seats or helmet pads must be used

19. Neck support devices are highly recommended

20. 1 piece fire suits and shoes are highly recommended

21. Window nets are highly recommended

THANKS Neal :dblthumb:

Rules are fully :puke:....... damn.

The RATTLER would not pass tech in EITHER of those classes, "not even gonna bother typing in here what all does not comply",,,,except that RATTLER does NOT have a front locker,

and I,m NOT gonna install one in it cause it AIN,T even got no power steerin on it.

Been thinkin bout puttin my ole green & purple zuki back together and just gettin back to wheelin again anyway :****:

;D

scottlang said:
im in fo sho and will have a arb installed in front , what will the pro entry fee's be not that im a pro just curios.

PRO
Season Membership fee: 1 time fee of $300 for 1st 3 races, $25 for each race after 3.....
Or $100 per race if not paid as the one time listed above

PRO Entries
4400 - $300 (100% payback)
4500/4600 - $200 (100% payback)

Sportsman: no membership required (associate membership available)
Trail mod or trail stock $200 (50% payback)
UTV $200 (50% payback)

All classes payback 1 spot for every 4 entered - up to 5 spots paid back

All classes top 3 trophy

Percentages of payback can be found on our werocklive.com site under general rules

We look forward to racing with all of you

Thanks
Rich

Latest posts