• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gas prices POLL

Would you change your purchasing habits if gasoline were labelled with a country of origin i.e. Saud

• Total voters

doctordick

Classic American Iron, son.
Here's an interesting question, would it make any difference to you if you knew where the crude oil your gasoline was made from came from? In other words, if you roll into a station and there was a big ol' sign that read "product of (insert country)" would you go to a different station that sold oil from the U.S., Canada or another friendly country. Assume that the price is roughly the same.

Re: Gas prices

Just for the sake of curiosity I would like to know where the gas comes from and knowing that information would have an effect on my fill ups.

Re: Gas prices

I buy my gas at Chevron/Texaco because I've found my 09 Z71 has been running better on their premium than the other stations. I get better mileage and no knock in the engine from it. When I've noticed the stall and sputter, poor mileage is is usually when I found out my wife filled up at BP, Walmart, or Citgo. Usually takes 2 takes and a 2 bottles of gas treatment to get it running good again.

I would like to know where it comes from.

I'd run water in mine if it would make it to work no matter how bad it ran. :****:

I would 100% buy it from here if I knew, I won't even stop at a RAGHEAD owned gas station now :puke:

There's a "U.S. convenience store" up the road a lil ways, and I go out of my way to fuel up there. There are signs on the pump that say "100% GAS, NO ETHANOL." and another sign that says "10% ethanol on the other side of the pump". I drive a '94 Nissan pickup and an '85 F-150, neither of which like that corn likker. My opinion, I believe I'm rebuilding the Windsor in the Ford BECAUSE of that ethanol ****. :indianajones:

Is it not possible to find out where all the big companies get their crude from and just post the list?

J. J.

My guess would be that crude from all over the world is intermingled at the refineries. That said, if I were the CEO of an American oil company, I'd be all over pimpin' "friendly " oil as an advertising campaign and as a policy: "Doctordick Oil Company does not purchase or produce oil from nations hostile to the United States" I think that I would be inclined to pay attention to who was making money on my purchase.

I learned today that the presence of the Navy in the Persian Gulf adds $54 to the cost of a barrel of Mideast oil, so that $100 price that you see on the news is more like $154 per barrel.

Prime Minister Harper of Canada is in China today signing agreements to sell the oil that would have come here via the Keystone Pipeline.

sappmann said:
i heard congress is trying to side step the prez on the pipeline

They are but Obama will still have to sign off on it in the end.

J. J.

They could put that pipeline in but were all still f****d in my opinion that oil will still go to the highest bidder. And who you think that would be?

Actually, it won't be sold to the highest bidder. Those nasty, evil oil speculators that everyone likes to badmouth will have bought contracts to buy or sell that oil months in advance. Their overall effect is to stabilize prices by lessening sharp short term spikes or dips on the "spot market" which changes minute to minute. They smooth out the peaks and valleys. Airlines frequently hedge fuel prices by buying large quantities of fuel months in advance. If the price goes down, they lose money. If the price goes up, they make extra profit. Either way, their cost is more predictable.

We import roughly $350 billion worth of oil per year. The Keystone pipeline will reduce our imports from OPEC (people who don't like us) by 7 to 13 percent. That means we're sending 30 t0 40 billion dollars a year less to the OPEC countries. Would you rather your money go to Canada or Venezuela and the Middle East?

"Big Oil" you know, those people everyone loves to hate, operate on a profit margin of about 8%. Almost no other industry (except for health insurance companies who we also love to hate) operates on such a small margin. They make billions of dollars because they have spent hundreds of billions to find, produce and refine the crude. If you have a 401K or pension, chances are you're a stockholder and share the profits from nasty old "Big Oil".

The Keystone pipeline will cost around $7 billion, and most of that money will be spent in the U.S. Estimates range from 3500 to 20,000 direct jobs paying taxes to the U.S. Ancillary jobs (Meals, motels, pickup trucks, tools, pipe, fittings, heavy equipment and all the other things needed to build the pipeline) could be as high as 200,000. Millions of dollars which will be taxed will be paid to landowners for easements, and the pipeline company will be paying more millions in taxes to the states that the pipeline passes through.

From now on, I'm buying all of my gas from Doctordick Oil Company. :indianajones:

I commute by bicycle; bought gas last week for the first time in two months. :ban: The commute home will be powered by Thai Spice pad thai from the tunnels. booyang