• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gas prices POLL

Would you change your purchasing habits if gasoline were labelled with a country of origin i.e. Saud

• Total voters
This morning I heard one of the chattering class say that the president has no control over gas prices. Well here's a couple of fun facts:

A one cent rise in the price of a gallon of gas takes about one Billion dollars out of the economy.

The average price of gasoline has nearly doubled since Obama took office and is predicted to rise to $5/gal maybe as soon as this summer.

Gas prices always rise this time of year. Frequently the oil companies are blamed for jacking up prices just in time for summer when we drive more. The truth is that refiners are required to produce different blends of gasoline for warm weather by the unelected regulators of the EPA (appointed by the president) which are more expensive to make.

The last time gasoline went over $4/gal, crude hit a high of nearly $145/barrel. President Bush declared that he would lift the moratoriums on offshore drilling and open federal land to exploration. Within 18 days, crude prices were plunging (to a low of $33/barrel) and the national average price fell to $1.94/gal. by the end of his term.

Many states have raised their taxes on gasoline to try to reduce their deficits.

Any time anyone proposes that we produce more oil domestically, the talking heads come out of the woodwork proclaiming that 'it won't help since it will take from 5 to 10 years to come into the market'. Well, they've been saying that for the last 15 years, so this price spike would not be happening.

The Canadians are really, really pissed at us.

Every Chevrolet Volt sold has cost the tax;ayer (you remember, the 50% of us who actually work) roughly $250,000, and the tax rebate to buy one has been raised from $7500 to $10,000. A great number of the Volts that have been sold were sold to the federal government.

The president is a FAWKLETARD. I love that word, thanks Julio.

I've got more, but I gotta go baptise a Texan. :flipoff1:

Fun fact, when you Google fawkletard the only two results link back to Hardline.

As far as gas prices go, they suck and it seems like few of the elected officials care/understand how it all works.