• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

gears and lockers

Mudslut1

i have a yj on 33' that im looken to put gears and a rear locker into and was wondern if anyone has an idea on what route i should go...any thing helps Thanks!:awesomework:

it depends on your budget and what you really want out of it.

you could always go with an ARB, its nice to have cuz its off/on/. but only if your wallet permits.

detroit is nice. auto locking is alright i guess.

spool or welded is cheapest and effective but shitty and somewhat unsafe on the street.

what do you want?

Impossible question to answer without some basic info.

Budget?
What axles are in it?
What is your intended usage? (weekend warrior, daily driver, etc)
Engine size?
Transmission?

It probably has a dana 30 in front and a 35 in the rear if it is stock,if you want low budget and easy install, run with lock rite's or Detroit ez lockers,only around $280.00 each, last I checked and an afternoon of work!I ran them in my early stages of wheeling and never had one break with 35's and a V8.:D

I would also have to agree with detroits or lock rights maybe even OX locks, and for gears it depends on how low you want to go but with 33s i might go with 4:10 or 4:11. but this is just my opionin, and being a girl i know crap according to most guys.

Throw lock-rights in it. With 33's you can probably get by without regearing yet. If I had it to do over again I woulda locked front and rear way sooner. Among other regrets I also woulda skipped the dana 44 swap and gone straight to 60's. Live and learn.

Lockrite in the rear. don't waste money on more in a stock axle.

If you feel you need better gears for wheeling, go with a transfer case reduction, or replace it. Don't regear the stock axles.

Latest posts