• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Get what ya pay for ?

85buggy

Is there room to pass ?
I've always been that guy....after 2 years of wheeling with a non dependable warn winch.
That at present needs 400 dollars in parts. I can replace it with a 300 dollar smittybuilt with
A 3 yr warranty. What do you think ?

Re: Re: Get what ya pay for ?

Good ol xrc8 been on 3 different vehicles....through kinked cables...rock slams...left out in the sun/rain with no bag....no way in hell id buy a Warn unless someone else was footin the bill.

Put a new cable (hand me down from rope guy) not long ago. Works great. Not 8274 fast.....but not Wal-Mart slow either.

Honestly thought about moving it to my trailer and buyin an XRC10 for the helluvit

No way would I buy a warn.. Smittybilt fan here as well... Fixin to mount xrc8 on my new rig next day or 2

Had a warn 8274 on a jeep and I will have another as soon as I can afford it. I love that winch

I've been running my Smittybilt XRC8 for over three years, pulled my truck and many others, some twice the weight of mine. I've never had an issue with it other than me catching the line on my tire and pulling one of the wires loose inside the remote plug. took 5 min. to take apart the plug, attach line, close it up and no issues since. I've never owned another winch so I can't compare it to others, but for what I paid for it on sale I don't think I could beat it.

The xrc8 is the winch I see on most rigs actually out on the trails.(notice I saif rigs...not $$$$ buggies).

Funny this thread came up....I was just beating on a Warn 9.5ti unit this weekend with a big rock to get it to winch in ;D

Mine is a m6k I never use it much just has always let me down. Turned over
Twice at AOP won't even pull the cable in. 2nd roll smashed the box with the solenoid s in it
Complete box us 400 plus shipping.

I have had MMMUUCCHH better luck with cheaper winches. Only pos winch I ever had was a warn. :dunno:

My XRC8 was garbage. I have and Engo with synthetic rope and aluminum fairlead for $419. its saved my ass a couple of times.
Damn Bradford Pears
1233406_10100215118912482_1328259290_n.jpg

1238156_10100215118932442_1189853647_n.jpg

85buggy said:
Mine is a m6k I never use it much just has always let me down. Turned over
Twice at AOP won't even pull the cable in. 2nd roll smashed the box with the solenoid s in it
Complete box us 400 plus shipping.
[/quote

look on ebay for.winch solenoids.There is seller named DB electrica.I believe they are located tennesse.They sell replacement.parts for warn winches and a.good bit less than.warn..Four solenoids to my door was either 72 or 82 dollars.Exact replacement of warn to stuff showed up.I bought a replacement motor from them.as well for about 80-90 bucks whi h was 1/2 of it straight from warn.

Re: Get what ya pay for ?

If you need solenoids for a series wound winch motor.
duby4etu.jpg

jy5ebuby.jpg

http://runvacanada.com/usa/R500.htm

I run it on both of my 8274s. You can thank me later.

My cheap ass Warn M8000 has been great. My brother had a XRC8 and you had to hold the handle to keep it engauged. Sent it back and the new one was the same after 3 or 4 pulls. And it was slower than a Mile Marker. Pretty sure the Rugged Ridge is the same winch with different badgeing.

BUG-E J said:
I have had MMMUUCCHH better luck with cheaper winches. Only pos winch I ever had was a warn. :dunno:

X2. The only winches I've ever had actually BREAK were Warn M8000 (2).

The new Smittybilt XRC8 comes with a solid state contactor instead of solenoids and is a pretty nice unit IMO.

I had an xrc8 comp and put it through several long hard pulls and it always worked. Have an 8274 on the buggy only because it was already there when I bought. Follow the advice above and drop the solenoids for the single control box. Works great

Sent from S3