• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Give me a reason not to buy this...

Clark

and make it my Toterhome...... SERIOUSLY!

3F33J83N75G45E65Jecbk5568b6eb324d1a6e.jpg

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/3424388288.html

Price reduced!! 1981 American General. Tires or engine alone are worth the price!!! Ultimate RV and Hunting Rig! 5 Ton Military Six by Six with Expansible Van. Less than 14,000 miles, six wheel drive, eleven new Goodyear G177 1000X20 commercial tires, 250 NTC Cummins Diesel, Power Steering, 5 speed Allison Automatic, ABS brakes, BIG, BIG Muscle RV or whatever? Van extends 3 feet on each side. Two 60,000 BTU heaters in Van (need to be hooked up). Van is wired for shore power or generator power with flourescent interior lights and receptacles. This is a go anywhere vehicle. Great for camping, hunting or anything you can imagine. Drives like a car. My sister drove this to the car show and loved it. Trailer has been sold. This is the vehicle that was located in Sedro Woolley, but I drove it back to my home in Federal Way last week. Vehicle has clear title and registered as a Collector Vehicle. Wife says I gotta get rid of this one cause I have two!

what sort of mileage does that get? Also what is the top speed? its no fun if you have to plan an extra day plus to get to a place and an extra day plus to get home...

Reason's not too.

1. Slow...slow...slow...
2. Uncomfortable...did you look at the seats? Just think about how your going to feel after driving 32 hours to the Hammers in it. (21 hours for the rest of the folks your going with)
3. What you going to do when it needs repair/parts?
4. The interior noise is awesome at hwy speeds

I used to cruise along in trucks like that at 55mph no problem in the Army.

This alone is reason for a no. Clark can you handle going so slow :haha: not to mention by the time you get done making it usable as a MH (another 10 k ) you could have just bought a nice used MH and been done with it :awesomework:

Cool rig though :redneck:

Price is a little steep. Its a newer cummins truck tho, not a typical duece/5ton.

Those will do 75 MPH easily with 14.00s and faster with 16.00s.

You wont need parts if its a good truck. And is you do they are not hard to find.

I have seen a rise in the pricing on rigs like this hoping they will sell in monatana and NorthDakota.

RVs and motorhomes are are POS, built worse than a high school daffadill float. Almost worse than a motorhome is the janky hitches they build for them. :puke:

The fold out style of 'sliders' will preclude any permanent mounting of fixtures on those walls. That will drastically reduce the functionality of the interior space. Yeah, you can get more space, but it won't be nearly as useable as it would have been with a dedicated RV style slider.

This would be a great rig for a hunting camp, whereby you want (or need) a 4x RV, but short of that, I cannot fathom that this would be any better than a nice Bigfoot camper on your existing truck.

You may also need a CDL to drive this rig. And current laws regarding CDLs have recently changed, so you may need to spend $$$ to get 'edumacated'.

Last edited:
You may also need a CDL to drive this rig. And current laws regarding CDLs have recently changed, so you may need to spend $$$ to get 'edumacated'.
I came here to post this.
You might be able to turn it into an RV and avoiding the CDL by adding a bed, toilet and water.

Reason's not too.

1. Slow...slow...slow...
2. Uncomfortable...did you look at the seats? Just think about how your going to feel after driving 32 hours to the Hammers in it. (21 hours for the rest of the folks your going with)
3. What you going to do when it needs repair/parts?
4. The interior noise is awesome at hwy speeds

If it is not a multi fuel it wont do bad for going down the road. The seats can be changed. Parts are easy online, lots of places. You can sound proof the cab.

I say besides a money pit for a while, go for it

Do it, not hard to get more power out of those engines or pick up a cheap big cam 400 to put in it:awesomework: I have a big cam 350 and a very fueled up 335 with a small head chirp:rolleyes: that I would be willing to sell:swing: