• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Glacier National Park

I was going to go out there, but am leaving from attica next month for a week trip. Likely go north and east. \

From a guy that lives out there that was helping me with my trip. I wanted to raft and fly fish

you might want to look up glacier raft company in west glacier mt. we have three forks of the flathead river that converge here and this is some of the best whitewater rafting other than idaho(snake river,lochsa river).flyfishing also is huge in the flathead valley,you can fish here with only bears and moose to bother you! i can get you some more info on both if you desire...the flathead valley is the best large wilderness left in america,it is also the least known as those who come here tend to keep the secret quiet.

Always wanted to go, I have read a bunch about it and I think it is beautiful. I don't think you could go wrong with a trip there.

Julie and Berkley and I went (before Will)

Best flights were to Missoula ($)

Rented car and drove up the Going to the Sun Road. Truly amazing.

The park hotels are amazing as well. We spent 3 nights in the park. East Glacier, the middle one in the East (forgot name) and tthe very best one is the Prince of Wales lodge in the Canada/Waterton section. Lake McDonald is cool too, but the other three are the coolest.

There are 2 Chalet hotels in the park you have to hike to. That is next time for us.

Tons of fun, great views.....I daresay the prettiest park in the US and I have been to about 75 percent of them.

Man it is one of the most amazing places I have been. I rode my bike up the 15 mile going to the sun road, a lot of switch backs thought my dad was going to die . The weather is great in the summer and everything I remember about the trip was amazing. We watched a bear swim across a lake... wouldn't of seen that in a car. It is truly beautiful. I would defiantly make the trip.

cbchambles said:
. We watched a bear swim across a lake... wouldn't of seen that in a car. It is truly beautiful. I would defiantly make the trip.

I saw that at Oak Mountain, no, that was just a fat ninja. :afro:

335203003_C9iLe-M.jpg

335204264_K4kRf-L.jpg

335203072_dzL9R-M.jpg

335203443_GuASF-M.jpg

335203512_urm6n-M.jpg

335203569_styBA-M.jpg

335204197_Te7e6-M.jpg

335203837_6oHDy-L.jpg

335203948_ejWzs-M.jpg

335204155_tBj8e-L.jpg

335204216_eP5U3-M.jpg

335204242_m9VLA-L.jpg

Thanks for the pics Nolen.

That just got added to the places to go list by the wife and I. Oh, and she said your wife is very cute. I said, hot, and she said........well turns out I won.

I want to go back to Yosemite in the summer, we did it in the winter, and just feel like we missed so many things due to the cold, and the amount of closed roads. I want to do Tahoe now, after being there last week, and the El Dorado National Forest with the wife and kid.

When I met julie 10 yrs ago we made a pact to get all of the National Parks under our belts before our kids get out of High School. We have a little over 75% of them down.

If you have questions about a National Park, I have probably been there LOL.

We are always the youngest people on our vacations :spin:

Just finished booking the trip. This is the first non-wheelin vacation that I have been on in years that I am excited about.

Nolen, I threw up in the hotel with the green roof on it. I ate some ketchup potato chips and some bad Canadian beer. not good.. did any of those dudes in skirts up their try to take your bags??? I almost had to kick one guys a$$ for trying to take mine

cbchambles said:
Nolen, I threw up in the hotel with the green roof on it. I ate some ketchup potato chips and some bad Canadian beer. not good.. did any of those dudes in skirts up their try to take your bags??? I almost had to kick one guys a$$ for trying to take mine

Hey Brennan, you can say "ass" here!!!!!!!!

You need to go pick up your packet

005-01-d.jpg

:flipoff1:

Dave, you got any details about the trip you booked? Jen and I are thinking about taking a last minute vacation there and I was curious about flights and hotels..

Matt O. said:
Dave, you got any details about the trip you booked? Jen and I are thinking about taking a last minute vacation there and I was curious about flights and hotels..

Here is a link for the Lodging, in and around the park.
http://www.nationalparkreservations.com/glacier.htm

Here is another link for info.
http://www.nps.gov/glac/

The closest place to fly into is Missoula, MT. For my situation, I had some free flights with Southwest so I am flying into Seattle. It is a pretty long drive but I love driving through that part of the country. We are staying at the North 40 Resort (log cabin) for 4 days then going to drive through the southwest portion of Canada, Over to Vancouver on the way back to Seattle. We are also going to spend a day being tourist in the Seattle area. 8 days total

Trip of dreams there Dave-O, you guys are going to have a great time.

One year, Julie and I flew to Seattle did a day in town, then went rafting for 2 days off a glacier in North Cascades National Park. Went and spent a day back in Seattle, then went to Mt Ranier for a day and hiked it. The following 3 days we spent in Olympia National Park camping with one day over to Victoria British Columbia on the ferry. That was a great trip too Matt...the area in simply amazing. Tons to do in a small area.

August and September are really awesome up there.

Yeah I have not spent much time out there, but Jackson Hole and Seattle were both tons of fun. I love that area of the country. We want to do some traveling prior to kids, but I actually think Glacier would be more fun with some kids around. I think we are going to put our money towards a big tour of Europe next Spring and maybe try this trip again next Sept. I love being in the mountains, especially big sky territory out west.