• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GMP - Dixie Run - September 26-29, 2013

If any of y'all need parts, Napa has stocked up on u-joints and tie-rods. We've got a full selection of bearings also, and filters. Just holla at us, we'll take care of what we can.

This is the deadest damn thread after a Dixie run I've ever seen! There was a lot of **** went on there, somebody post something. The camping and fellowship was great. Weather was great, was slick at first but dried up. Lot of people there but trails stayed open. You all take a notion to do crackead at midnight, cheek your gas. That's a he'll of a place to run out, I know. Need some pics somebody

Everyone probly still healing over the carnage an broken parts.. Lol. But it was a blast as always can't wait until next yr!!!!!! :dblthumb: :dblthumb:

skully

I rode around Saturday in the ol taco fishing truck and watched. Heckled burkey and bj on bounty hill. And did some "hardcore wheelin" on trail 1 :****:

halcat said:
This is the deadest damn thread after a Dixie run I've ever seen! There was a lot of **** went on there, somebody post something. The camping and fellowship was great. Weather was great, was slick at first but dried up. Lot of people there but trails stayed open. You all take a notion to do crackead at midnight, cheek your gas. That's a he'll of a place to run out, I know. Need some pics somebody
Lost two drive shafts, one on the outer loop above the camp ground and the other on crackhead. Got a mouth full of gas, thanks Hal. Steve took over my buggy and hauled your wife and mine around for a while. Seemed we did most of the good stuff at night don't have any video.

I had a blast wheeling till 2:30 and 3:00 in the mornings but my cell phone videos are crap. I did get the 300m u-joint and axles exploding on video. The only breakage I had was a hole in my tire on the new unnamed trail but I saw plenty of carnage.

The night Crackhead ride was wild and the end over roll save in Evil X was great.

I have vids of hal rolling on 28 Perry BJ and I on the new trail and some rigs beating on the trail to hellavator.I guess the new trail and crackhead both kicked are ass.New trail Perry-cut tire steve-bent coil over (thanks adam) BJ -broke belt. I dont have time to get into our adventure on crackhead all I will say is if anyone says they did it they are full of ****.There was brush 3 ft deep on it. Had a great time cant wait to do it again.

Myself and the rest of the florida crew had a blast! We did a lot of night riding also...weather was perfect. I will say tho it was damn slick :****:

Re: Re: GMP - Dixie Run - September 26-29, 2013

There was no brush on crackhead that I have seen, any year I've been. I did it sat night at 11:30.

This is me on crackhead last year

upe2ahyr.jpg

mamy4uhe.jpg

Few pics my group took from the weekend; (same buggy as above now in white)

are6a3ev.jpg

tude6ypy.jpg

je9a6a2u.jpg

hybe7edy.jpg

7y3y9u6a.jpg

azuruvy6.jpg

sent from a fancy Samsung Note 2 with an illiterate operator. ..

Thanks for the pics guys. Steve will probably post my rollover, and you will be able to see what it looks like to see a fat man with no harness on. That won't happen again. Trail 28 is an easy trail, but goes to show you how quick things can go wrong. When you enter creakhead, go down the first grade, about 300 ft, your supposed to turn right and go back up. That's not been happening. The brush in chest high. A group of 5 capable rigs can take up to two hours to do all of creakhead. the trail that drops straight down is new and the cowards way out. That's the way I went out when I ran out of gas.anyway, it's just a trail and we all had a good tine. I guess my next trip is AOP later this month. See ya.

Crackhead is at the top of trail 5 and merges with 4 at 20. Tail 28 is at the jungle, across the park.

Crack head starts from the upper section of trail 4 marked by a big wooden sign. The first section of Crack head is a nasty downhill that nearly causes you to roll end over. Someone has made a exit at the end of the first downhill section on to trail 3. We are going to leave that and cut a new entrance to the first uphill section to eliminate the off camber section that is grown up with brush. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to barrel roll off the hill.

mcutler said:
Crackhead is at the top of trail 5 and merges with 4 at 20. Tail 28 is at the jungle, across the park.

sent from a fancy Samsung Note 2 with an illiterate operator.

These fellas are the ones that cut crackhead I believe. Halcat Sawzall correct me if I am wrong.

The sign at the top of 5 says crackhead, sign at top of 28 says jungle, just saying. If I'm mistaken, then they should move the signs; halfway across the park.

Edit; didn't see above post-didn't know there was a cut from 4, never the less no where near 28.

Either way badass trails, kudos to those who cut them, by far my favorite place to wheel.

Trail 28 has nothing to do with Crackhead. Steve, (Rockwell1) laid out Crackhead. A few of us helped him cut it.

And my hat is off to the Samurai that put on the show on the most difficult side of upper trail 4 one night. He beat the living snot out of it and drove it out afterwards. I still love the Samurais.

i had a great 3 days (and nights) of wheel'n. didn't even think about get'n out the camera, wish i had. my parents came out and rode with us on friday so that was pretty fun. saturday afternoon, evening into sunday morning we did some great ride'n.

some of the highlights for me were:
climb'n hellivator with mom in the buggy
roll'n off of the wall in the jungle (little bounty, whatever it's called)
running the crackhead "trail" saturday night. dunno what time we started but i know we finally got back to camp at 4am

I'm still not 100% sure how you are "supposed"to run Crack head?

Come in off 4 or 5? The connector from 4 up the hill to the "crack head rock" is pretty nasty, but all the YouTube videos I've seen I think people are coming down that part???