• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GMP - SFWDA Dixie Run - September 24-27, 2015

1tonyj said:
Anyone know the trail number or name of the trail that was just cut a couple years ago up above the grandstand that's pretty difficult. I think it's the one BJ lost his blower belt on?
Actually it's right behind copperhead, right off DW. I was with BJ when he lost his belt. Steve, Perry and I cut that trail a couple years ago and we were up at GMP a couple weeks age and we ran that trail than. Nasty trail. Has two big rocks to go through with a hard right turn and a bluff to the left. Copperhead is nasty also.

Re: Re: GMP - SFWDA Dixie Run - September 24-27, 2015

mcutler said:
Your last buggy built by pj will be there with my group. the new buggy looks great!

matt

Thanks!. I am looking forward to seeing my old rig again. See you there

halcat said:
Actually it's right behind copperhead, right off DW. I was with BJ when he lost his belt. Steve, Perry and I cut that trail a couple years ago and we were up at GMP a couple weeks age and we ran that trail than. Nasty trail. Has two big rocks to go through with a hard right turn and a bluff to the left. Copperhead is nasty also.

That little curl loop right by the G in Grandstand, BIg rocks!

Copperhead was supposed to be the just another "access trail" to that part of the park, since before we cut it, the only way over there was through the "Moon" cattle gate...

I picked the easiest line I could up through there :dunno:

Goes to show how cool the terrain is for wheelin when you cut the easiest path and it still makes for badass crawling : :dblthumb:

Looks like the rain chance went up for next weekend :-\.......if it's like here it'll change 5 times between now and then tho.

wish I could've made this. scheduling just didn't work out. gonna have to watch for next years. sounds like plenty of sweet rigs and great wheelin!

Well, I'm all set up. Finally got hold of Anthony at GM told him I was coming Tuesday. Last time I went early the owner tried to run me off. Buggy is serviced and ready. Took it for a test drive this evening. Funny how they seem to run better with fresh oil. My brother is having open heart surgery Tuesday in cookeville sooooooo....... I'll have to stop in there for a minute too.

halcat said:
Well, I'm all set up. Finally got hold of Anthony at GM told him I was coming Tuesday. Last time I went early the owner tried to run me off. Buggy is serviced and ready. Took it for a test drive this evening. Funny how they seem to run better with fresh oil. My brother is having open heart surgery Tuesday in cookeville sooooooo....... I'll have to stop in there for a minute too.

Hope everything goes well for your brother. ...scary stuff right there

Thanks. He's a basket case. Lupus, two collapsed lungs. 95% blockage in his heart. And he's younger than me. Lost my other younger brother about a year ago. Not looking good for me, although nothing wrong with me, yet. I'm the oldest man to live in my blood family, and I'm only 63. That's why my buggies name is
" runnin outa time" . Playing as hard as I can.

Unfortunately in my line of work I see this all the time.

I used to respond frequently to a gentleman in care of hospice. He was having a hard time one particular day close to the end. One of the many things i told him was..."we are all terminal....some of us are just a little farther along than others". I believe what matters is how u chose to spend your time here on this earth and how u treat others.

Life goes by fast...learn, love, and enjoy!

That being said...let's have a good safe ride folks!

Looking forward to meeting some of you guys and if anyone needs anything ..our group is always down to help.

Sounds good to me - let me know if yall want to meet at a certain place at a certain time.

Woodlee said:
I'm so excited about this event.

How many of you guys would be down for a Hardline Crawlers get together ride during this event. Nothing crazy but just a chance for every one to ride together and put faces with names? If not a ride at least a good spot for every one to meet around a campfire.

1tonyj said:
Life goes by fast...learn, love, and enjoy!

That being said...let's have a good safe ride folks!

Looking forward to meeting some of you guys and if anyone needs anything ..our group is always down to help.

That's about as deep as I've ever heard you get! Who are you and where is the 1tonyj I know ;) Just kidding Bro. Good words there.

Agree 100% on the safe ride! Lets look out for one another and save getting silly for around the camp fire, not on the trails!

Hal - hope it goes well for your brother - prayers sent.

Awww so the truth comes out? We gonna drive 11hrs. and ride in someone's JK all weekend? Second thoughts..... Lol

PSA:

Watch your speed on 70S (main drag that feels like an interstate between Sparta and Cookville) Bad speed trap about 1/2 way between park and I-40 - mostly at night.
The speed limit drops fast and they sit just beyond that sign in the median.

Ask me how I know. thumb.gif

CartoTracks said:
PSA:

Watch your speed on 70S (main drag that feels like an interstate between Sparta and Cookville) Bad speed trap about 1/2 way between park and I-40 - mostly at night.

Thanks for the heads up!

See you boys there

CartoTracks said:
PSA:

they have always been there when i have gone that way almost got me a few times. Another place they always sit is 111 around Jones Gap. My dad got busted there a few years ago going hunting.