• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Golden Mountain Park - Closing

I'm cautiously optimistic about it reopening as an occasional off-road park. Having the off-road portion in the FaceSpace name is nice, but I would feel a little better about it being in the actual logo.

That said, if they ever announce trail cleanups or first ride weekends, I'll do everything in my power to be there.

Already a shitshow

Attachments

• signal-2024-01-23-120848_003.jpeg
    signal-2024-01-23-120848_003.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 121
  • signal-2024-01-23-120848_002.jpeg
    signal-2024-01-23-120848_002.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 115
Ive heard the comments about a subdivision multiple times on FB... If you look at Google and other aerial maps, there is no signs of land being cleared or anything being built around there. Not sure how old the images are, but the few I saw were dated in the last yr.

Also, I feel bad for anyone trying to develop the moon area. No way that becomes cost effective with all the rock in there.

Last edited:
Ive heard the comments about a subdivision multiple times on FB... If you look at Google and other aerial maps, there is no signs of land being cleared or anything being built around there. Not sure how old the images are, but the few I saw were dated in the last yr.

Also, I feel bad for anyone trying to develop the moon area. No way that becomes cost effective with all the rock in there.
Every so often (last time was probably 6-8 months ago) I'll drive by the park and on the surrounding roads all around it. Hadn't seen any changes from the road or above it where people have referenced a supposed/potential subdivision. Sure, lots can change in that time period, but when I think subdivision, I don't think that area or part of Sparta/Cookeville.

Where is the supposed subdivision supposed to be? and who is developing it? The only thing missing from the original park is the 26 acres (parcel 28.05)

Screenshot 2024-01-30 114117.png

I haven't seen the FB posts about a subdivision, and I just figured out how to get logged back in here... The "password reset" didn't work for like a year or so...

I haven't seen the FB posts about a subdivision, and I just figured out how to get logged back in here... The "password reset" didn't work for like a year or so...
My guess is the subdivision comments are just rumors spread by people that either don't know the actual land area that was the park or they have no idea about the local area.

Interesting on the password reset issues.

I have a little insight on the subdivision thing. There was an attempt (real estate contract ) with the current owners to purchase the property. The would be purchaser was going to develop a subdivision at the top area. Where the pavilion and lake was, and reopen the offroad park. It fell though.

I have a little insight on the subdivision thing. There was an attempt (real estate contract ) with the current owners to purchase the property. The would be purchaser was going to develop a subdivision at the top area. Where the pavilion and lake was, and reopen the offroad park. It fell though.
Thanks for the insight. An offroad subdivision (like the airplane subdivisions with an airstrip or the race car subdivision at a racetrack) would be pretty neat.