• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

good crossmember for dana300

1 grumpy

going to be putting my dana300 behind a duffy box next week and I'm looking for a good crossmember for it.
it's a 97xj. any info would be welcome

I'm pretty sure you're gonna be fabbing a crossmember to get a 300 into an XJ...I don't recall seeing one built for a 300 going into an XJ Mike...Someone had inquired about something similar to what your doing, and building a custom one seemed to be the concensus...:awesomework:

You don't new a crossmember. Dana 300s don't even have a mount on them. Your stock trans mount and crossmember holds the t-case up.

I'm pretty sure you're gonna be fabbing a crossmember to get a 300 into an XJ...I don't recall seeing one built for a 300 going into an XJ Mike...Someone had inquired about something similar to what your doing, and building a custom one seemed to be the concensus...:awesomework:

thats what im thinking kev. I found a company(tmr customs) on pirite that does a mounting kit for the dana 300.I just don't know which will be better tube or boxed.

You don't new a crossmember. Dana 300s don't even have a mount on them. Your stock trans mount and crossmember holds the t-case up.

I'm not sure the extra weight of a 300 over a 23something or nuther would damage/crack the rear of the trans case...I haven't delved much into the Jeep thing...only what you see/hear, other than normal build stuff...

I made my cross member mount off the t-case adapter...

Like Ben said the 300 doesn't have any mount locations on it...

I have been running one of the first production mad rooster adapters that Duffy copied. Been running it for 6-7 years with no extra mount. It is fine. YJ/Ax15/231/300

Boy that is allot to hang off the tranny and I could see your concern Mike..

That support kit looks like a good idea and will give you a place to make a mount off of. Thats really close to my setup....

It's exactly what I did. I had a 231C duffy crawlbox with a 300 hanging off the back. I didn't trust the setup not cracking my aluminum adapter or transmission case. I bought one of the first TMR adapters for the JB conversions upgraded rear output and fabbed a crossmember to hold up the weight and it worked great.