• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Good ol' derail

What's top speed on them units? Are they geared good for highway driving? I had a CRF250R mx bike when they first came out in 04 and it would run probably 65 or 70 (guessing, no speedo.) but it was wound tight, and only a 5 speed.

TacomaJD said:
What's top speed on them units? Are they geared good for highway driving? I had a CRF250R mx bike when they first came out in 04 and it would run probably 65 or 70 (guessing, no speedo.) but it was wound tight, and only a 5 speed.

I think I ran mine up to 85 once ... Factory speedo so who knows what it was really going. It totally sucked on the interstate, the wind off a smart car would blow you into the next lane. But EVERYWHERE else was an absolute joy to ride.

Re: Re: Good ol' derail

rednecklights said:
I think I ran mine up to 85 once ... Factory speedo so who knows what it was really going. It totally sucked on the interstate, the wind off a smart car would blow you into the next lane. But EVERYWHERE else was an absolute joy to ride.
That's about what I imagined. Always thought one would be fun. Motard bike holds the record for fastest time through Deals Gap if I'm not mistaken.

Goin to Deals Gap next weekend bygawd, gonna slay the dragon on mah old man bike and cruise some mtn roads!

TacomaJD said:
FAWKING SUMBITCH I MISS DOING STAND-UP WHEELIES! ****-balls, I wish I could still ride a sportbike dammit! :****: booyang

Don't they make sport bike fake legs?

Re: Re: Good ol' derail

lowbudgetjunk said:
Don't they make sport bike fake legs?
My knee is the problem. Wont bend past 90 degrees, when I sit on a sportbike and pull my fake foot back foward the peg, closest I can get it is about 5" between the back of my heel and the peg. Even if I could bend my knee farther, the liner and socks that I wear for the leg are so thick and bunch up behind my knee, that it would cut circulation off and I wouldn't be able to ride one very long anyway. Believe me, if there was a way, I wouldn't own an old man bike. Lol.

Re:

Don't get me wrong, the old man bike is still fun, funner than I anticipated. And I love the windshield, storage, and big comfy seat. Can ride all day and not be completely give out like I was doing day long trips on sportbikes.

One morning, me and about 8 of my friends left out at 5am on sportbikes, rode through north GA, up by the Occooee (sp?) River into the mtns, to Deals Gap, over through Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, then home. Got home at 11pm that night. Never in my life been that tired from riding. By the end of the day, I was laying down in parking lots every time we would stop for gas or food. Was rough but was an awesome trip I'll never forget.

Re: Good ol' derail

1tonrenegade said:
I think I'm gonna cut up a 72 jeep commando an make a crawler yep getting the knife
Build thread please, love the old Commando's

TacomaJD said:
Only thing I did at the drag strip was 80mph tank wheelies..... :flipoff1:

Click for video

You sir are badass, but NUCKIN FUTS................................................................................... :****:

TacomaJD said:

The husky would do 110 or so wound out. It was interstate capable, but was very buzzy in the bars and the pegs. It was also very twitchy at those speeds and offered no wind protection.

It more than made up for all that in the twisties! I had it when I lived in San Diego and I was considerably faster on it than my ZX10 or either one of my R1's on palomar mountain. Pissed lots of folks off because they were on liter bikes and getting passed in the turns by a "dirtbike". 320mm front disc with Brembo 6 piston caliper meant that thing would stop on a dime. You could run it way deep into a turn and then brake and slam it in there! That's where I usually would make my pass...the big bikes would have to get on the brakes way sooner and I would just motor on by.

Here is a crappy pic of my wheelie machine! Looks like it's going toward the wall, but it's not.
06f11713e3d141e18bfb3d45a14418f5.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

All the cool kids are doing it

636 was faster off the line but the 1k killed em on the big end
2fb41a4f8195553f8e1b572dd2b8db24.jpg

Do not try at home (trained professional)
bbd8e00de631452cf72c34921371a669.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

My dad had a vega back in the late 70s. Had a big camel on the side that said "humping to please". Saw it at super Chevy like 10 years ago, same paint job, guy bought it from the man my dad sold it to 20 years earlier.

Yep, a Vega, little Street car I had a few years back, fully Street legal, dot tires, mufflers, tag, etc. 5.20's back on the day, but slow by today's standards!
872457024b1487558bf5a897bd4f1270.jpg
4247ab98451fda34b8dbc3539521a196.jpg
ddf1a3e06e7cce4e70f63bd1f83ec173.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk