• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Got a motor what should I do with it?

302_buggy

I have a honda 4 cylinder motor sohc tryin to decide if I should do a lil sxs or a fun freakin go kart that I can hit the trails in ive got a buggy to play in and the wife has a work in progress jeep wj but our friends have sxs's and I dont see spendin 16k on one when I can build one cheaper. What to do?

Sent from the middle of no where

Build a Honda sxs if your near Chattanooga I'll be down to come help :****: that'd be awesome then slap a turbo on it 10psi and let er eat it'd be flashemifyougotem

Re: Re: Got a motor what should I do with it?

I'm in northeast Oklahoma im kinda thinkin a sxs then come out to Tennessee and see what it'll do on some of them hills after I conquer Disney Oklahoma

No Hondas turn counter clockwise versus 90% percent of the motors out there that turn clockwise really looked into doing that when I first got into wheeling cus I came from the tuner ( and only built Honda's for bout 10 years) scene only way I ever found was to have custom cams cut and and and starter that would spin it clockwise and do a hondata ecu with custom tune and then have an adapter plate made to bolt to Sammy trans and tcase. In the end it would have been money not well spent, Honda's don't make a lot of torque so honestly zuk motor is better for the zuk but building a little mini crawler with Honda motor and trans does OK see a lot of them in flat biller country

302_buggy said:
I'm in northeast Oklahoma im kinda thinkin a sxs then come out to Tennessee and see what it'll do on some of them hills after I conquer Disney Oklahoma/quote]

Hell yeah :dblthumb:

If you got a motor.....just Mash It.

Sent from my not-so-dumb phone...

I gotta build it first mash it later. Ive got a buggy I mash on rite now just want something to rip threw the trees to

When i lived in fla had rode with a group of guys that were big into hondas that hade built swamp buggys that had the motors set in side ways and welded up the trans axles and ran drive shafts right off them the seemed to work good but never seem them really get into them hard