• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gotta be shittin me

optimas=junk

for a DD=OK

for a wheeler/rod/rail/boat/etc, no daily maintanance=junk

why do you guys buy like 20 of these things and still swear by how good they are?? even making buying the bad batch excuses:booo:

I scrapped 48 batteries last month and 16 were optimas, it looked like a color wheel, there was reds, blues, yellows, oranges, and 2 strange red/black ones.

all junk:rolleyes:

go get a schwabby battery for 10 to 20 bucks from the wrecking yard. warrentied anywhere there is a schwab. I been running a almost new 1000cca 4x4sport model for 3 years. put it in the boat today and fired it right up.:awesomework:

I have heard from my battery dist. that optima had a bad batch of batteries a year or so ago and have since fixed the prob???

but who knows, my reds been in there 2.5yrs with no prob?? luck perhaps
What I heard from a battery rep was that Mr Optima went to work at Exide and that is why the Orbitols are the new Optimas quality wise. At least that is what I heard.:corn:

I'll never buy another optima, personally.

I have an Exide Orbital in my rig now and am very happy with it so far... but I need to pull the cables next time my rig sits for a while... just for good measure and to keep it in tip-top shape.

What I heard from a battery rep was that Mr Optima went to work at Exide and that is why the Orbitols are the new Optimas quality wise. At least that is what I heard.:corn:
um..no, optima, and interstate are together. you couldnt give me an exide
I'll never buy another optima, personally.

I have an Exide Orbital in my rig now and am very happy with it so far... but I need to pull the cables next time my rig sits for a while... just for good measure and to keep it in tip-top shape.

a napa battery? thats an exide...bleghh...
no way man.. a buddy bought like 3, and none of them lasted more than a year.

and whoever said to run a schwabs battery... well things may have changed by now, but when i worked there, we probably warranteed 10 a day. the reg car/truck batteris didnt last.

altho.. i did get a gel cell from them(weas in a pinch, and HAD to have one) anyway, it was a 4x4 something or other, gel cell. the label....read GMB technologies, makers of optima... haha, that was a GOOD battery, and lasted me a LONG time.

um..no, optima, and interstate are together. you couldnt give me an exide

a napa battery? thats an exide...bleghh...
no way man.. a buddy bought like 3, and none of them lasted more than a year.
Just telling it like I see it, but one thing is for sure Optima quality has gone down the shitters and thats pretty obvious. The older ones lasted ALOT longer than the current batteries. I base alot of my opinion owning a automotive repair shop that has installed alot of optimas in both USPS/and everyday joe applications and from what I have seen they are expensive batters that have a very short lifespan. Warrantied too many, so I started using/selling the Exide orbotol line with very good results.

We put optimas in all the fire dept. command cars and were going through lots of them for a while. Now they are lasting real well. After talking to our rep. he said that optima was out sourcing some of the parts for the batts while there plant was being expanded but now they are making all there own parts again.

I got a brand new blue top for free...well I did do some work for them :redneck: , since my old battery was started to corrode, I figured it was time:awesomework:

Red Tops started sucking about 2001 after Optima was bought by Johnson Controls. They probably outsourced a bunch of the parts to their mexico/china plants to save cash. I read they have fixed a lot of the problems and are better now but i'm not buying another red top for a wheeling rig that sits a lot.

The Red Top i bought in 1999 lasted 5 years in 3 vehicles, died a couple times sitting over the winter with a slow drain and was brought back to life. The replacement Red i bought at Costco a few years ago died after a full discharge and couldnt be saved, was returned and the new one died after a discharge. Returned that one for full refund and bought a Yellow when Joe's had a sale.

If you want a Red buy it at Costco, they have a lifetime warranty, atleast they did when i bought my last 2 there.

The new redtop that I got for the warrantied battery has a "Made in Mexico" sticker right on the side of it.

Peanut has an old as dirt yellow top that I run in the truck and I love it. Buuut its old therefore its quality. I treat that fawker like its solid gold. :D

I have a exide blue top and it works fine but I'm not overly impressed with it.

To answer your question though Crash orbitols and optima's all share teh same size externally so you'll be fine with whatever.

Peanut has an old as dirt yellow top that I run in the truck and I love it. Buuut its old therefore its quality. I treat that fawker like its solid gold. :D

I have a exide blue top and it works fine but I'm not overly impressed with it.

To answer your question though Crash orbitols and optima's all share teh same size externally so you'll be fine with whatever.

Thanks for the input--thats what I am looking for :awesomework:

Oh one thing though, if you have a mount like the one from BTF the top of the battery is shaped different so it may be an issue. But if you have a "normal" bar across the top no worries.

I've been running an odyssey in my truck and love it so far. Takes a lot to drain it but then again it's a freaking big battery

I've been running an odyssey in my truck and love it so far. Takes a lot to drain it but then again it's a freaking big battery

the odyssey is the new optama in my book...with more cca too boot:awesomework: this will be my next battery when my old yellow top kick's the bucket.

Oh one thing though, if you have a mount like the one from BTF the top of the battery is shaped different so it may be an issue. But if you have a "normal" bar across the top no worries.
I have a BTF batt tray that origionally had an optima in it till it died. Replaced it with an Orbitol with no issues.