• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gotta be shittin me

So a little update. Since I know the batteries are well within the 3 year replacement warrantee I went and talked with all of the optima dealers here in monroe. Of course none would help me--but I fully unstood that and it made sense..

So--My next step--I went and contacted optima directly and pleeded my case.

Well I gotta say the person I emailed abck and forth with was pretty knowledgeable and we talked back and forth in email.

So he passed my case over to another person within the company and they are going to send me to a local dealer here in town to get the situation taken care of :awesomework:

gonna replace junk with more junk? get a good lead acid plate battery and say goodbuy to trouble:hi:

if you broke 10 warn hubs on a toyota would you runem again just cuz they were replaced 10 times?:rolleyes:

FYI, I just warrantied my "new" (10 months old) Exide Orbital with the local dealer I bought it from, because it wouldn't hold a charge. I haven't driven my rig in a while, went to start it and the battery was dead. Put it on the charger (I have a decent newer charger that says it works with sealed cell batteries) overnight, still deader than a doornail in the morning. Took it in, they tested it, said it had "a bad cell" and gave me a brand new one.

I'm lucky I was in the 12 month free replacement period... the original battery was 119.00 and change, and the invoice they gave me for the new free replacement shows the price on those exact ones being 268.00. :eeek:

I have a BTF batt tray that origionally had an optima in it till it died. Replaced it with an Orbitol with no issues.

Ahh right on, I thought it may be an issue with the shape of the top of the battery. The posts are close enough to the same spot to not make a difference...

Thats good to hear Crash, maybe they'll send you back to the place that told you to pound sand... :D

gonna replace junk with more junk? get a good lead acid plate battery and say goodbuy to trouble:hi:

if you broke 10 warn hubs on a toyota would you runem again just cuz they were replaced 10 times?:rolleyes:

This coming from somebody who uses used junk and run toy junk

This coming from somebody who uses used junk and run toy junk

I am still running my 10 dollar yard batteries. they work great. I have been ****ed so many times by optima, have fun withem. I am going to the yard today, did you want me to pick you up a near new 1000cca optima eater for 10 bucks?

what makes you guys so loyal to these things? Like I said would you put a warn hub on a toyota? it does come with an excellent warranty and good service. so why not run them?

thread after thread of optima problems. never a thread on how lead acid plate batteries cant perform.

its funny, I have never seen a optima get refurbed at budget, cuz they are junk the first time, and not good enough to refurb for sale twice.

to each his own. I have little money, and no 100-200 dollar battery in my rig!:cheer:

do they really look that cool? all they are is different, not better.:booo:
My only reason for running it was because of the sealed part. I hate battery acid and corrosion with a passion. I think I had one of the first runs of bad Optimas though. It lasted two years and one draining by leaving the CB on I had to limp it along the next year until I scored the odyssey from someone on here on the cheap

I took both of my red tops back to costco, got my cash back, and went to Napa... and pocketed the value of one POS red top

FYI, I just warrantied my "new" (10 months old) Exide Orbital with the local dealer I bought it from, because it wouldn't hold a charge. I haven't driven my rig in a while, went to start it and the battery was dead. Put it on the charger (I have a decent newer charger that says it works with sealed cell batteries) overnight, still deader than a doornail in the morning. Took it in, they tested it, said it had "a bad cell" and gave me a brand new one.

I'm lucky I was in the 12 month free replacement period... the original battery was 119.00 and change, and the invoice they gave me for the new free replacement shows the price on those exact ones being 268.00. :eeek:

thats been my experience with quite a few of those.

So I went back to everett--and they warranteed both batteries :awesomework:

glad you finally got takin care of.