• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GR - Hardline Forum Ride - February 27, 2015 - March 1, 2015 SOLD OUT

GREAT forcast for this weekend!!!
That makes me proud cause now I can take the windshield and all that top crap off,,,,HATE wheelin with that crap on AND its more crap to destroy when I crash ;D

The bham weather folks is trying to say that we may be getting up to 9" of snow on Wednesday. That seems like the maximum... but all businesses and schools are heeding the warnings and sending folks home starting tomorrow. We are preparing to potentially work remotely starting tomorrow through Thursday.

short story long, we gone be WET come Thursday, and possibly a lil cocaine on the ground!

Guess I need to look into this weather situation. If there's 9" of snow on the ground, I won't be making that drive.

Pock said:
Guess I need to look into this weather situation. If there's 9" of snow on the ground, I won't be making that drive.

While snow may fall on Wednesday... I doubt it will be their worst case scenario. I honestly doubt it will even stick for more than a few hours... It RARELY does on the rare occasion that it does snow here... We're just still reminiscing over last years freak storm. It'll be decades before we can get over that storm. So, bring it!

I'm seeing 1-2"Wednesday night. I'm not scared of the snow, I just know how the entire interstate system shuts down down there over a dusting. Hell, i've gotta drag the the loaded trailer through about 7" to get outta my driveway Thursday morning :****:

What's the road going into the park like? Hilly, flat, narrow?

Pock said:
I'm seeing 1-2"Wednesday night. I'm not scared of the snow, I just know how the entire interstate system shuts down down there over a dusting. Hell, i've gotta drag the the loaded trailer through about 7" to get outta my driveway Thursday morning :****:

What's the road going into the park like? Hilly, flat, narrow?

Road to park is good no worries there. Gravel road about quarter mile long. It is up hill but not bad.

kmcminn said:
James Spann is weather guru in Alabama.

http://www.alabamawx.com/

I'd rather it come Wednesday and get over with than Thursday or Friday. I was really hoping for my first trip down there it would be dry. Or atleast wet/tacky. Oh well, just like we did in Harlan, we will make the best of it and have fun anyway.

Correction. Pholmann is NOT jealous he is not coming. I'm not a fan of traffic jams. There was an open ticket that I could have gotten. Yall have a good time though. I'm gonna be there for the srrs traffic jam. One trip to Alabama is enough for me in a year.

clemsonjeep said:
Where are you looking? Everything I see says partly sunny Thursday thru Sunday...or close to it anyway.

They have changed Saturday's outlook since earlier today. It was a higher chance for Saturday but not as high as Sunday. I hope yall have good weather for the friends I do have going.

pholmann said:
Correction. Pholmann is NOT jealous he is not coming. I'm not a fan of traffic jams. There was an open ticket that I could have gotten. Yall have a good time though. I'm gonna be there for the srrs traffic jam. One trip to Alabama is enough for me in a year.

50 rigs couldn't block the crappers at GrayRock... I expect no traffic issues

Never been there. March 27th will be my first rodeo there. Not much need to go other than just something different. I'm 30 miles from windrock, 120 miles from harlan, and 100 miles from golden mtn which I haven't been to yer. Also adventure is 120 miles or so.

muddinmetal said:
50 rigs couldn't block the crappers at GrayRock... I expect no traffic issues

x2

pholmann said:
Never been there. March 27th will be my first rodeo there. Not much need to go other than just something different. I'm 30 miles from windrock, 120 miles from harlan, and 100 miles from golden mtn which I haven't been to yer. Also adventure is 120 miles or so.

Thanks for your comments :)

pholmann said:
They have changed Saturday's outlook since earlier today. It was a higher chance for Saturday but not as high as Sunday. I hope yall have good weather for the friends I do have going.

Not according to the above mentioned "guru". The most recent forecast says Thursday through the weekend "looks dry" with a high near 60 Saturday.