• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GrayRock Closing!

John Galbreath Jr.

38 Special & Solo Buggy
I talked with Tony at his birthday party this weekend and he asked that I post this. GrayRock will be closing for open/public events after the Fall For All Ride in October.

This is due to an unrealistic increase in insurance premiums. He said the park will be available for rent for private events, as he can insure those.

Oh man going to miss all the beat downs. Whats the date for the Fall For All? Will have to make sure I dont miss that one. :popcorn:

I've riden here in all situations, private of about 10 of us, only 3 of us and full blown events. This is THE best place to go see action for sure, hate it is closing. BUT, a private ride is not that expensive if you get 10 or more people commited. It is alot of fun to have it to yourself and run all over the place with no dust or lines.

WELL JUST ****IN DAMN,,,,,, THIS IS TERRIBLE NEWS.

I agree we better ALL hit FALL FOR ALL yall,,,,"we always do anyway",,,,I don,t think Ive missed one in bout 8 years myself.

And HELL YES we will be renting in groups to continue to ride at this BADDASS PARK :****:

Weve done it before, and it was pretty cool without all the dust / lines & stuff.

:flipgotcha: some damn inshurnce jackasses

DAMN

Damn. We may have to move our fall trip there since we have never made it to gray rock. I missed out on wheeling tellico before it closed. Dont want to add this park to the list.

Something has got to give...These insurance companies jacking prices killing off offroad parks is some bullshit!!! ....how many claims you ever hear of actually being made with the insurance companies that have our local parks covered? Bunch of price jacking douchebags. I've never been to Grayrock, but am going to try to make this ride.

My group of friends and I started riding around 04 or 05, and Gray Rock was THE place... I have so many fond memories from being there... The mud pit hangouts, the camping and "festivities" (i.e. drinking) were always the highlight of the trip (once someone even brought a 10 foot projector screen and played Old School for everyone), taking my mostly stock XJ on 33s to the very top of Big Egg (and then very quickly ending up at the bottom of it :drinkers:) will always be My favorite wheeling memory.

I'm as sad as anyone that for years half of "my" park is gone, and now it will be basically gone forever, but we need to remember what it was...

The original, the very beginning of hardcore private parks, the first the rest of the country had ever heard of Alabama and deep south wheeling. This park put it on the map and allowed DOZENS of other parks to open their gates to losers like us. For that I only have one thing to say... Thank you Tony and everyone else who make Gray Rock possible. Y'all have given me memories that only alzheimer's can erase and an appreciation for what it takes to keep our sport and way of life alive... Thank you

muddinmetal said:
My group of friends and I started riding around 04 or 05, and Gray Rock was THE place... I have so many fond memories from being there... The mud pit hangouts, the camping and "festivities" (i.e. drinking) were always the highlight of the trip (once someone even brought a 10 foot projector screen and played Old School for everyone), taking my mostly stock XJ on 33s to the very top of Big Egg (and then very quickly ending up at the bottom of it :drinkers:) will always be My favorite wheeling memory.

I'm as sad as anyone that for years half of "my" park is gone, and now it will be basically gone forever, but we need to remember what it was...
The original, the very beginning of hardcore private parks, the first the rest of the country had ever heard of Alabama and deep south wheeling. This park put it on the map and allowed DOZENS of other parks to open their gates to losers like us. For that I only have one thing to say... Thank you Tony and everyone else who make Gray Rock possible. Y'all have given me memories that only alzheimer's can erase and an appreciation for what it takes to keep our sport and way of life alive... Thank you

That's the way me and all my friends were with Mountainside when they closed back in January....I still get teary eyed looking at all the pics from teh good times we had :'(

Late night brews and beatin the **** out of our rigs and knockin over John G's moonshine......good times :****:

Sad to hear but I knew it was coming. Been to every fall for all since 05 when my sammy was on 31s. Met alot of awesome people there and have made some memories i will never forget riding the trails and :drinkers: As long as private rides will still be available I will be coming back to the original southern offroad park.

Got damn sum bitch pile o monkey nuts why the fawk are these folks now trying to kill the few things left that are out there for normal people and idiots alike to get together enjoy nature and meet people with a common intetrest and actually do some good in the world as far as fund raising and what not next there gonna start screwing with fake tits and monster trucks!

JohnG said:
I talked with Tony at his birthday party this weekend and he asked that I post this. GrayRock will be closing for open/public events after the Fall For All Ride in October.

This is due to an unrealistic increase in insurance premiums. He said the park will be available for rent for private events, as he can insure those.

Hey John has Tony talked to Blue Ribbon Coalition by chance? Last time I talked with the president there he claimed he could get parks cheaper insurance. I can get the contact information if he needs it.

we've been to Greyrock several times, it is a great park but...

the way Tony always talked about being on the Forbs 500 list someday its hard to believe he's letting an insurance premium close him down.

i always figured it would be blast to bits for the coal?

anyway, had some good times there, with good friends

Well ****!! I love that park and hate to hear it is closing. To be honest i kind of figured it was coming when tony cut down the number of rides this year. Probably never get to rie there again most of my buddies and myself are some poor bastards that could probably never afford to rent the place. Going to be another place with some good memories from the past, have years of memories from tellico and miss the place like hell. Looks like im going to have to bust my ass and get the buggy done by Fall for all if i want to ride the place one last time. ****ING COCK SUCKING INSURANCE ASSHOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flipgotcha: :gtfo:

Latest posts