• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GrayRock Closing!

TacomaJD said:
I had thought about the paypal account prepay deal too, but where that would pose a problem would be guests riding along. Maybe paypal in the entry fee for 1 rig and driver and consider yourself registered, and then anyone brought along riding as a "guest" pay a lower cash fee at the gate? Gatekeepers having a list of who prepaid via paypal and you must bring your printed out paypal receipt and be checked off the list for gate entry? Sounds good to me. :drinkers:

I'd imagine that EVERYONE would have to be pre registered as a "participant", and sign away all liability ahead of time, much like when you register for a race or sanctioned competition. That may seem like a pain in the ass, but I'd say that is something it would take to keep the underwriters happy, and not completely **** you on insurance cost.

TBItoy said:
I'd imagine that EVERYONE would have to be pre registered as a "participant", and sign away all liability ahead of time, much like when you register for a race or sanctioned competition. That may seem like a pain in the ass, but I'd say that is something it would take to keep the underwriters happy, and not completely **** you on insurance cost.

What difference does the participant thing have to do with it? When it comes to someone getting hurt or injuring someone else, how is a participant different than someone who rides along? Signing away liability would be the same for both parties wouldn't it? Whether you preregister or sign the same waiver at the gate? Not arguing, just curious bc I don't know.

how many claims or made about offroad parks to the insurance? ive personally never heard of any but i must be missing something if they wont insure it for a descent rate

I just wish somebody, that knew what the hell they were doing, would start an insurance company geared towards the offroad industry. There has got to be a market for this, parks, buggies, trucks, dirt bikes, ATV's, side by sides, ect. Hell even offer insurance for events only, instead of paying for an entire year where 90% of the time the park is vacant. I think the demand is there for this to happen.

i may be wrong but its my understanding that on private rides that the 75 per rig covers a 1 seater or 4 seater and dont matter how many seats are full or empty , # of passengers dont matter just the rig and driver

grcthird said:
I just wish somebody, that knew what the hell they were doing, would start an insurance company geared towards the offroad industry. There has got to be a market for this, parks, buggies, trucks, dirt bikes, ATV's, side by sides, ect. Hell even offer insurance for events only, instead of paying for an entire year where 90% of the time the park is vacant. I think the demand is there for this to happen.

My buddy used to host an open track event at Talladega Grand Prix Raceway a couple times a year. From what I recall, he was getting insurance for that specific event. He did not own the property.

TacomaJD said:
What difference does the participant thing have to do with it? When it comes to someone getting hurt or injuring someone else, how is a participant different than someone who rides along? Signing away liability would be the same for both parties wouldn't it? Whether you preregister or sign the same waiver at the gate? Not arguing, just curious bc I don't know.

In the case of pre-registering and per-event (one time/single occurance insurance), the "percieved risk" to the insurance company is minimized. In the case I was talking about, EVERYONE would be considered a "participant" rather than a "spectator".

When you have parks having events, such as the "Spring Fling" or "Fall for All" and they let truckloads of spectators in, without their being a sanctioned and insured "Competition" and NO steps taken to ensure spectator safety, that is where the problem arises.

I don't KNOW any of this as FACT, just going on how things are done in other areas/events.

ridenrace6 said:
i may be wrong but its my understanding that on private rides that the 75 per rig covers a 1 seater or 4 seater and dont matter how many seats are full or empty , # of passengers dont matter just the rig and driver
I like that :dblthumb:

TBItoy said:
In the case of pre-registering and per-event (one time/single occurance insurance), the "percieved risk" to the insurance company is minimized. In the case I was talking about, EVERYONE would be considered a "participant" rather than a "spectator".

When you have parks having events, such as the "Spring Fling" or "Fall for All" and they let truckloads of spectators in, without their being a sanctioned and insured "Competition" and NO steps taken to ensure spectator safety, that is where the problem arises.

I don't KNOW any of this as FACT, just going on how things are done in other areas/events.

Ah, makes sense. Whatever works, I say lay down rules and make it happen! :eat:

In SC, you can't sue a horse stable, horse owner, and anything having to do with a horse if you get hurt while riding. I don't know how it came about, but i suspect that an attorney with an interest in horses became involved in a law suit. I don't know the detail or how it got passed. It obviously took some work and pull to get this law passed. I keep hearing about ORV parks closing due to high insurance cost. we need an attorney with an interest in our hobby to do something like this or were going to run out of places to wheel. Any one actual admit to having an attorney as a friend? Take'm wheelin next time you go, maybe he'll get interested. Its worth a shot

TBItoy said:

This is the reason there is a NO SPECTATOR rule at Fall for All. You are either the driver or passenger and you both sign the waiver. I couldn't tell you how many people get pissed off because they can't just come in and watch.

jpony645 said:
This is the reason there is a NO SPECTATOR rule at Fall for All. You are either the driver or passenger and you both sign the waiver. I couldn't tell you how many people get pissed off because they can't just come in and watch.

What about making everyone, spectators included, sign the waiver. Maybe make a website so that they can print it off and have it all signed and ready to go when they arrive. That would make things move alot quicker.

AllGoNoShow said:
What about making everyone, spectators included, sign the waiver. Maybe make a website so that they can print it off and have it all signed and ready to go when they arrive. That would make things move alot quicker.

I'd just want to go ride and not have to **** with a bunch of spectators at ian open ride.

Having spectators pretty much mandates that you have "spectator only" areas, crowd control officials, safety precautions in place. An insurance nightmare, and expensive.

It's not like KOH or Baja, where there is a sanctioned event happening in a public venue.

TBItoy said:
I'd just want to go ride and not have to **** with a bunch of spectators at ian open ride.

Having spectators pretty much mandates that you have "spectator only" areas, crowd control officials, safety precautions in place. An insurance nightmare, and expensive.

It's not like KOH or Baja, where there is a sanctioned event happening in a public venue.

X2 dumbass people need to find some common sense!!!!

To clarify my post earlier in this thread, I was talking about passenger(s) when I said "guests" :dblthumb:

Ppl at an offroad venue only there to spectate, just get in the way plain and simple.

No spectators no new wheelers, that's how I got started, happened up on a ride at Golden Mt. Bought a rig within a month, on my second one now. We all have watched from the trees at one time or another. My first ride was at Fall For All, love Gray Rock.

Re: Re: Re: GrayRock Closing!

mna0121 said:
No spectators no new wheelers, that's how I got started, happened up on a ride at Golden Mt. Bought a rig within a month, on my second one now. We all have watched from the trees at one time or another. My first ride was at Fall For All, love Gray Rock.

You just drove up to the park to watch? Was there an event or race happening?

Thats actually how I found the sport as well...

Fall for all at Grayrock. Around 2003. Had no clue what rockcrawling was. Someone me about the event.
Drove through the gate in my DD, payed my entry fee, went straight to Whiskey springs, sat there all day.
I've been broke every since. :****:

Latest posts