• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Grizzly locker WTF?? Yukon NO HELP!!!

"Your my boy blue!!" And Drue I would focus on the rear knowing you. :flipoff1:
On a serious note, this is kinda why I'm weird about 2nd hand ****. I would have to have the convo with the seller about helpin me if needed with warranty ****.. What a shitty deal. Brad call the fuker you bought it from and see what's up. Man that blows. I really don't wanna think about that happening to me at this point and time. I can say that I will only buy **** like that from someone who can stand behind the product. Ie. Daves Offroad... I know I know. You got a deal. But this kinda **** is the kind of **** that usually happens to me. But look The Bright side of things. Ya have 3 buggies!! Ass loller.gif

I know Brad and he is damned good people. Good companies make good on their **** ups no matter how many hands a product goes through before the final demise of the product. If Bobby Long were with us today, he would warranty his product. Different company, different times.

I did not get a chance to run my last set of RCV's and know the third owner of these shafts. He is the only one to run them. They are damned good shafts and if in the next few months to a year, they took a ****; I would hope RCV would honor the warranty their product. I would help the new owner warranty them and I would hope the company would stand behind them. Wheeling is a small community. Without resolution to this problem, I will mark Yukon off of my list permanent. Its just how I roll.

Thanks guys, I could have dug up a receipt, lied and warrantied it, but that's not the way I roll. All I wanted was Yukon to own up to their mistake. A good ole, Sorry man, How about some new bolts, a little pack of red lock tight and a good deal on a ring/pinion. I would have been more than happy. Any company that will not take care of it's mistakes, probable won't take care of yours. A new MADE IN THE USA Spicer gear set will arrive today, I'll install the bolts correctly and be back riding. Yukon is the loser in this battle, they lost a customer.

cushmaneaglerider said:
Thanks guys, I could have dug up a receipt, lied and warrantied it, but that's not the way I roll. All I wanted was Yukon to own up to their mistake. A good ole, Sorry man, How about some new bolts, a little pack of red lock tight and a good deal on a ring/pinion. I would have been more than happy. Any company that will not take care of it's mistakes, probable won't take care of yours. A new MADE IN THE USA Spicer gear set will arrive today, I'll install the bolts correctly and be back riding. Yukon is the loser in this battle, they lost a customer.
Brad that is nuts. Did you try calling anyone else or just write it off as a loss?

kmcminn said:
Brad that is nuts. Did you try calling anyone else or just write it off as a loss?
I called Yukon twice, spoke with Chris both times, told him the whole story and sent pictures. Chris said, looks like the bolts fell out,just like you said, no warranty. I sent Blue an email with pics, no reply. Maybe he is at the off road expo? So to answer your question, yes I have given up. If I had broken the locker or gear set, I would have not even called or said a word. When a product falls apart with less than 20hrs. run time, it's time to make a call. I give everyone a chance but most of the time not two.

kel. Bad news buddy. Rcv will tell ya to **** in your hat if your not the Original buyer. Just from what they say about warranty stuff anyways. That's why I never get the used rcv's I see sometimes for sale for a couple hundred less than new. What a ordeal that could be. Dam brad I hate that for you. Like Kel said , brad is as cool as they come. Shitty situation. But hey. Lee sure is soakin it all up! Hahaha
I still think it's lees fault.

kushKrawlin said:
I still think it's lees fault.

It really is :****:

When I first spoke with Chris he said he would look at this pictures and get back with me, he didn't call back. I called him the next day, He says I haven't talked with my boss but no warranty. Why even act like you your going to do something when your not. He should have told me, one the first phone call, no warratny I don't need to look at the pictures.

Well don't get me wrong I would have liked to see em take care of it for you out of the goodness of their hearts but they have done EXACTLY what they said they would do... They very plainly state that their warranty is only for the original purchaser.

If the guy selling I'd had returned it to your friend the lic dealer less a restocking charge and he had then sold it to you at a reduced price you would have been covered...

People buy second hand chit with no warranty to save money and then cry the blues when something breaks.

Heck if nothing else a call in to the manufacturer before buying would have removed any questions

I'm sorry to see you lose a couple hundred $ but it just isn't fair to beat up on yukon for lack of warranty.

You gambled and lost... It happens

cushmaneaglerider said:
I called Yukon twice, spoke with Chris both times, told him the whole story and sent pictures. Chris said, looks like the bolts fell out,just like you said, no warranty. I sent Blue an email with pics, no reply. Maybe he is at the off road expo? So to answer your question, yes I have given up. If I had broken the locker or gear set, I would have not even called or said a word. When a product falls apart with less than 20hrs. run time, it's time to make a call. I give everyone a chance but most of the time not two.

I bet you ride on up to Kentucky with that busted locker in a greasy cardboard box and show enough people and be real loud about it. You could probably get it made up.

gottagofast said:
Well don't get me wrong I would have liked to see em take care of it for you out of the goodness of their hearts but they have done EXACTLY what they said they would do... They very plainly state that their warranty is only for the original purchaser.

If the guy selling I'd had returned it to your friend the lic dealer less a restocking charge and he had then sold it to you at a reduced price you would have been covered...

People buy second hand chit with no warranty to save money and then cry the blues when something breaks.

Heck if nothing else a call in to the manufacturer before buying would have removed any questions

I'm sorry to see you lose a couple hundred $ but it just isn't fair to beat up on yukon for lack of warranty.

You gambled and lost... It happens

I'm not crying the blues. I am telling about my dealings with Yukon. If you don't like what I'm saying, Start your own thread. I have already ordered the parts to fix my buggy. This isn't going to kill me. Yukon sent out a bad product and doesn't seem to care. If they warrantied it, I, you or whoever ended up with this defective product on the trail would still be out the time, gas hotel room and all the other expense of this hobby. All I really wanted was for them to care about their customers. I don't think they do. End of Story!

cushmaneaglerider said:
I'm not crying the blues. I am telling about my dealings with Yukon. If you don't like what I'm saying, Start your own thread. I have already ordered the parts to fix my buggy. This isn't going to kill me. Yukon sent out a bad product and doesn't seem to care. If they warrantied it, I, you or whoever ended up with this defective product on the trail would still be out the time, gas hotel room and all the other expense of this hobby. All I really wanted was for them to care about their customers. I don't think they do. End of Story!

If your name was Jake Burkey they'd probably warranty your locker and lick your ass while they did it :wtflol: :****:

I don't need to start my own thread.... If you don't want input from the public then don't post on a public forum....

I and Yukon have NO WAY of knowing that they sent out a bad product.... For all we know someone before you took it apart and halfassed it back together.

I'm not saying that is what happened but there is a reason most warranties are for the original purchaser...

Funny too that you say they lost you as a customer but you didn't buy anything from them lol

gottagofast said:
I don't need to start my own thread.... If you don't want input from the public then don't post on a public forum....

I and Yukon have NO WAY of knowing that they sent out a bad product.... For all we know someone before you took it apart and halfassed it back together.

I'm not saying that is what happened but there is a reason most warranties are for the original purchaser...

Funny too that you say they lost you as a customer but you didn't buy anything from them lol

You act like I asked for their first born child or a night with their wife. ALL I WANTED IS FOR THEM TO CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What does it take for you to understand that??????
I have 2 buggies stuffed full of of Yukon parts I bought with their lifetime warranty that I have receipts for. I just do not think they handled this situation they way I would have.
If you do not understand What I am trying to say Please get some one to explain it better than I can or call me 662-255-9821 and I will try to talk you through it over the phone. OVER AND OUT. That means I done for now.

Just overlook this gottagofast guy. He goes 200+ mph in super secret vehicles he can't describe....

2e2e7a63c5840abb5bf399ca06a0627b.jpg

Re:

Sucks to see that Brad... I've had similar dealings with Yukon even being the original purchaser. Axle shafts that have/had a lifetime warrant that are sitting in the corner due to being unwarrantable. They're warranties are subject to change on a whim...and all depends on who you are.
Nothing against Burkey, TC, Tanners, etc....but favoritism is what it is.

I understand perfectly... I just don't agree with you.... No need to get all worked up

Who knows a little more patience and a convo w "blue"and they just might help you

As the plot thickens now we know that you have lots of their products and have apparently been well served by them but now from ONE second hand item you are trashing them on a public forum.

gottagofast said:
I understand perfectly... I just don't agree with you.... No need to get all worked up

Who knows a little more patience and a convo w "blue"and they just might help you

As the plot thickens now we know that you have lots of their products and have apparently been well served by them but now from ONE second hand item you are trashing them on a public forum.

Who cares. It is public knowledge that running Yukon parts is the equivalent to building your rig at Walmart. You get what you pay for. The warranty is only there to make you feel warm and fuzzy while your **** is broke on the trail and you're beating your **** waiting for your buddy to bring beer and tools back from the truck.

I'll add that I'm not saying they are or aren't a great company, I've not dealt with them....

If they truly don't warranty their stuff when they should that's not worth a crap.