Group Organization, 16th Reiter Trail Tracking

Group Organization, 16th Reiter Trail Tracking

• I like it.

Votes: 18 100.0%
  • I do what I want!

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Which is why I've already said I won't be there. I bring this up for other peoples interest as there's nothing in that area I wish to see.
There will be, I showed Mark from DNR the rock cource this morning and risk managment is coming up next week with the trail designer to look at it.

I will contact you as soon as I know something to see if you are still intrested in demoing the rocks to them

There will be, I showed Mark from DNR the rock cource this morning and risk managment is coming up next week with the trail designer to look at it.

I will contact you as soon as I know something to see if you are still intrested in demoing the rocks to them

Robert Dengel from risk management?.....If need be I could go back out there.:cool:

this all goes back to $Mark's post about 'Guys'. Charlie is 'my guy' down at Reiter, and I trust him implicitly on getting trails built.
He has the experience and knowledge about where trails can go, how they can work with the land, etc. Guess what, Charlie is also DNRs guy. Which means if YOU want some trail to be put in, that Charlie didn't see or think about.. you should bring it up. If it looks like it might fly, then he might incorporate it.

Walking around the woods without someone that has any pull with DNR is :looser:

Walking around the woods without someone that has any pull with DNR is :looser:

You simply don't know WTF you're talking about. Stan suggested for anyone who wants to go out and map trails which could be done at any time, no need to wait for a work party. We all have pull with the DNR on this.

I'd love to test that theory. 200 wheelers going out and mapping thier own trails I'm sure DNR will listen to all of them. yup.

I'd love to test that theory. 200 wheelers going out and mapping thier own trails I'm sure DNR will listen to all of them. yup.

Dude, you said it yourself....use 'your guy' to get the info to DNR...doesn't matter when you map your own ideas out....just use 'your guy' to relay the info to DNR!

yup my point exactly. Perhaps I mustunderstood what Rick is saying, which seemed to imply why does Charlie get to call the shots? Why can't I goto DNR myself?

thats not the way it works. Charlie is working 40-60 hrs a week on this project, knows the land, and has cred within the DNR. When DNR talked about users being able to come up with ideas, I think thats right.. but its going to be filtered through Charlie first. DNR's 'go-to' guy is Charlie in regards to trail building. My guess is that if someone were to offer a new trail plan, DNR would point them to Charlie because thats the person with the most experience.

The end point here is.. if you walk around the woods, yourself, and don't talk to charlie, your probably wasting your time. However, if you walk around the woods, consult with Charlie, give him ideas, and work together to bring a cohesive plan to DNR, that is a very good use of time!

yup my point exactly. Perhaps I mustunderstood what Rick is saying, which seemed to imply why does Charlie get to call the shots? Why can't I goto DNR myself?

thats not the way it works. Charlie is working 40-60 hrs a week on this project, knows the land, and has cred within the DNR. When DNR talked about users being able to come up with ideas, I think thats right.. but its going to be filtered through Charlie first. DNR's 'go-to' guy is Charlie in regards to trail building. My guess is that if someone were to offer a new trail plan, DNR would point them to Charlie because thats the person with the most experience.

The end point here is.. if you walk around the woods, yourself, and don't talk to charlie, your probably wasting your time. However, if you walk around the woods, consult with Charlie, give him ideas, and work together to bring a cohesive plan to DNR, that is a very good use of time!

:awesomework: Very well said.:cool:

thats not the way it works. .........

BS I'll say it again that you dont know WTF you're talking about. Yes Charlie has done his homework and no we don't need to go through Charlie for anything......My point is we all have say in this if we want it. No decisions have been made on where trails go so if you have something in mind go map it out. Nobody has to have a "guy" if they choose not to.

Binder is correct in that we can better figure out this issue of "trail design" on Sunday the 16th at Reiter.

We'll figure it out ON THE GROUND and ON SITE.......as it should be.:awesomework:

Binder is correct in that we can better figure out this issue of "trail design" on Sunday the 16th at Reiter.

We'll figure it out ON THE GROUND and ON SITE.......as it should be.:awesomework:

Agreed. Can't wait to see what we collectively come up with! :awesomework:

so on sunday are we meeting at the road to the wall or the main pit and then riding in a certain number of rigs up to the area ?

No... not trail design we need to find the trail corridor. The design of the trail will be after the corridor is established. :;

Last edited:
Charlie has done a TON of work mapping out stuff and I commend him for the efforts. But, as someone who has been involved with the Focus Group I want to say Binder is correct on this. DNR has told US that we can help mark where WE want trails. They didn't say "Here, Charlie will show you where the trails he designed will go". They want USER input, not just CHARLIE input. :awesomework:

Lets see now
rick is right
Scott is right
Money is right

A lot of ideas are on the table and after Sunday I am sure that there will be a lot more. The most important thing is we all work as a group to come up with a plan as fast as possible
Yes step one is the trail corridor. The faster we can get that established the faster we can go to step 2

Charlie has done a TON of work mapping out stuff and I commend him for the efforts. But, as someone who has been involved with the Focus Group I want to say Binder is correct on this. DNR has told US that we can help mark where WE want trails. They didn't say "Here, Charlie will show you where the trails he designed will go". They want USER input, not just CHARLIE input. :awesomework:

Can't agree more all I am doing is taking some of the learning curve out of the process
Neil how was the brush today. Did you get any good stuff up on 7

Last edited:
Can't agree more all I am doing is taking some of the learning curve out of the process
Neil how was the brush today. Did you get any good stuff up on 7

We got a pretty good plan of attack for Sunday. There is some stuff that can be done, but we also found some that is just wicked steep.

:awesomework: