• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Guage pod question

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
So how did you guys get your guage pods mounted to the stock pillar cover? I noticed they come with lil push pin things but I would think there is a cleaner way to mount them.

Are you going to put the aftermarket one over the factory one? If so you can use some kind of glue.. Using both will fit much better.

My truck had gauges before I bought and they were help with double back sticky tape now the pod is gone and can't even tell it was there.

Ok lets see if this makes sense. Got the gauges all loaded into the pod. Got the stock one removed and swapped the tweeter into the new pod/pillar panel. The new panel doesn't even come close to fitting over the stock one--so I kinda toss the new one in place and it fits nicely---just no way to really secure it in place----does that sound right?

did ya cut too much?? All you needed to cut was the hump the tweeter made... Its also a great hole to run all your wires through...

Haven't cut it yet--more less "UH RO I gotta molest my perfectly good pillar panel :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

But damnit---I am going to do it :awesomework:

Haven't cut it yet--more less "UH RO I gotta molest my perfectly good pillar panel :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

But damnit---I am going to do it :awesomework:

yeah, molest the hell outa it... along as you only cut out the hump the tweeter makes... then it'll fit great and running your wires into the pod will work pretty friggin sweet:awesomework:

yeah, molest the hell outa it... along as you only cut out the hump the tweeter makes... then it'll fit great and running your wires into the pod will work pretty friggin sweet:awesomework:

BUZZZZZZZZZZZ

ya--that works perfect :awesomework: