• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

half doors

Why do you hate welding on sheetmetal? A weld is a weld, I don't hate welding sheetmetal any more than welding 3/8" plate.

what would be, if any... the right welding machine for the average sheet metal welder?

:corn:

Do auto body shops / certified welders / etc, have some secretive oath they take and swear by death never to reveal?

:D I think practice & lot's of patience helps... but not much.

Big part---heat and wire speed and then technique

There's no secret oath, you just have to be able to see when the melt down is coming, skip ahead a bit before it happens, and come back quick. Perfect fit is key. **** I'm a horrible teacher, don't listen to me.

you can pop it in, make a tack, stop for 5 sec, then a tack just ahead of the one you just made, making sure that they overlay fully. this is the noob way of doing it. If you are doing a ton of sheetmetal work i would set up a hardwire setup. with a small wire....

"Anyone can learn the weld in 10min. Mastering it takes a life time"

i have a lincoln 135... i used the flux core wire and the heat turned all the way down... wire speed on 2.5... it worked for me.... pics of my doors primered for paint

doors1.jpg

doors2.jpg

just my 2 cents

Why do you hate welding on sheetmetal? A weld is a weld, I don't hate welding sheetmetal any more than welding 3/8" plate.

it sucks cause i like to weld thick ****. like 1/2 inch. thats what i use for all my suspension mounts on my truck. just because i can burn it with out punching through. all about penetration... thats funny, isn't that what life is about too? penetration...

Latest posts