• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hardline crawlers Facebook group?

al1tonyota

First off I know a lot of yall don't do Facebook but the ones that do, I was sent a request to join the closed group Hardline Crawlers offroad club on fb several months ago. I assumed it was someone from here that wanted to expand a little? Well asked a question when someone else had asked if that group and this forum where the same Andy I guess the mod and creator of that group replied that they indeed aren't the same and that he had no knowledge of this forum when he created the group in 2006 centered in Augusta Ga. However the Facebook group wasn't created until 2014 and is directly linked to the forum he is pushing 4x4nation ?

Now it doesn't matter or make a difference I guess, just wanted to let everyone here know! Just seems fishy to me???

efa1f3250c02daaff734fa052bb15aae.jpg

TBItoy said:
Not fishy, Andy is a good dude.

Just a different club with the same name.
Surly he had heard of this group before making the Facebook group though? Seems like using the name to get more members?

I saw that a long while back. Since I could tell that dude was not an OG HL member here, nor would a FB page such as that have JohnG's blessing, I said fawk it and overlooked it.

I researched this over a year ago. The two clubs started within about two months of each other. Looks like using the same "Hardline" is a coincidence. I actually met Andy at Dixie Run at Golden Mountain last weekend. He sought me out and approached me about the two groups. There is no ill will, however, he is to make a sticky post on the Facebook page stating that his site is not associated with Hardline Crawlers.

JohnG said:
I researched this over a year ago. The two clubs started within about two months of each other. Looks like using the same "Hardline" is a coincidence. I actually met Andy at Dixie Run at Golden Mountain last weekend. He sought me out and approached me about the two groups. There is no ill will, however, he is to make a sticky post on the Facebook page stating that his site is not associated with Hardline Crawlers.
That's all I needed to know!

Let them try to build a new forum. This forum is where it is with no advertising for the site and no Ads on the forum.
I still think John G should charge vendors something per year to help with up keep though even if it was only $20 per year.

And just remember that you are a representation of this forum if you decide to join Andy's FB group and try to be a drama llama. Keep it classy, San Diego. :JRich:

To be honest it's not worth joining. He posts a little. You get some for sale adds that are on here, that's about it.

Eddyj said:
To be honest it's not worth joining. He posts a little. You get some for sale adds that are on here, that's about it.
I agree it's mostly a for sail group with a couple questions thrown in. The cross posted adds are why I thought it was a branch from the same tree! Mislead me so I thought "wonder how many other folks know it's different"?

al1tonyota said:
I agree it's mostly a for sail group with a couple questions thrown in. The cross posted adds are why I thought it was a branch from the same tree! Mislead me so I thought "wonder how many other folks know it's different"?

Ha, you said sail....

I'm a member on FB. Does kind of fall short of this group however Andy seems like a really good dude. Seems to be very generous with his blessings and not out seeking to start drama or drag folks through the mud. I will agree, the group is kinda lame but wouldn't hold that against Andy. It is not near as bad as the group I created for my bbq team 6 years ago. :****:

money_pit_yj said:
I'm a member on FB. Does kind of fall short of this group however Andy seems like a really good dude. Seems to be very generous with his blessings and not out seeking to start drama or drag folks through the mud. I will agree, the group is kinda lame but wouldn't hold that against Andy. It is not near as bad as the group I created for my bbq team 6 years ago. :****:
I'm not downing him necessarily it seemed/seems misleading and posted as information. I don't know him personally he is probably a lot nicer than I am!

money_pit_yj said:

bbq team? so next hardline ride youre the cook?

jeeptj99 said:
bbq team? so next hardline ride youre the cook?

Retired. It consumes me when I do it. Nothing else matters but putting the absolute best product on the plate. It is exhausting. That's one of the reasons we quit, I was always chasing perfection and it drives me crazy!!!!