• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

harlan ky /black mountain trip

jp fan said:
We always stay in Everts and bring fuel or just go into town they have a nice shower house down at the tracks at that camp ground. Breaking something and staying on the Putney side sucks trying to get back Evarts side I you can get your truck and trailer a long way up the hill to get a broken rig out. Putney does have a great setup all but gas, food and the road up into the park. June is a good time especially early in the month not super humid and can night ride all night without getting cold it€™s a awesome park it will be worth your time and effort

Evarts always. The little work building across from sycamore camp ground has let us use welders and torches and other stuff many times to fix stuff. Showers at the campground are great also. We stay there a good bit or at sycamore just depending on who is riding with us.

After sliding down the mtn on the Putney side in reverse with no control on ice it totally changed my opinion. Plus last time we stay there the cabin we stayed in the hot tub was broken and full of cold ass water in February. Wouldn't have been a huge deal if we knew about it and of course no one told us till we go there. And we all took out wives with us for Valentine's Day so we spent hours and hours trying to get it warm enough to enjoy. I know most people have good luck on the Putney side but I never have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With five or 6 very capable buggies and drivers how many days worth of riding in the black mountains is there,

At least 3 days worth of riding to see everything, if your group doesn't get any bigger than it is now. 4 days would be better. But I always stay on Putney side, I enjoy trail riding as much as obstacle climbing. If you just gonna rush from obstacle to obstacle, not enjoy the beautiful scenery, or check out the old train barn or any of the old mineshafts, 2 days of GETTING IT from one hit to the next will get it done, if nobody breaks.

44BRAND said:
At least 3 days worth of riding to see everything, if your group doesn't get any bigger than it is now. 4 days would be better. But I always stay on Putney side, I enjoy trail riding as much as obstacle climbing. If you just gonna rush from obstacle to obstacle, not enjoy the beautiful scenery, or check out the old train barn or any of the old mineshafts, 2 days of GETTING IT from one hit to the next will get it done, if nobody breaks.
0ab1862cfabd86c5e07f056c2498320c.jpg

Here is three of the rigs that would be going, +2 more like them almost, we would be doing the every trail we can, and we're driving that far we are going to enjoy it and we want to see obstacles, good trails ,scenery, and all the "hidden jewels "that we can

Re: Re: harlan ky /black mountain trip

bigs10blazer said:
0ab1862cfabd86c5e07f056c2498320c.jpg

Here is three of the rigs that would be going, +2 more like them almost, we would be doing the every trail we can, and we€™re driving that far we are going to enjoy it and we want to see obstacles, good trails ,scenery, and all the €œhidden jewels €œthat we can

The red one in front has been there numerous times! You guys will have a nice time.

The original owner was a blast to wheel with.

Couple pics from that buggy at pony hill and lions den.

d562d66004ebcc54d39b19fd3e001848.jpg

8153ffc96f6295e2314a5cf77e0a50ae.jpg

9323a0ddfff0b5c4a86ce8b14ad2243d.jpg

def9f03eae4206de1487276c381424bd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

All 3 of yalls buggies look capable, and appear to be more car than I got. Bring them suckers on and enjoy the best east coast riding there is.

Re: Re: harlan ky /black mountain trip

bigs10blazer said:
Mcutler , looks like he should be able to put it on €œ auto pilot €œ and enjoy the ride lol , thanks
For sure!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

44brand, We are having a club meeting this weekend, to see how many people are a definite for heading to Black mountain, we've all been wanting to go out there and this seems like a good year to go

bigs10blazer said:
44brand, We are having a club meeting this weekend, to see how many people are a definite for heading to Black mountain, we've all been wanting to go out there and this seems like a good year to go
When you guys figure out a date for sure, post it or send me a PM. If me or any of my guys happen to be there same weekend, we can show you around the park on your first day, hit some trails, then yall can do your thing the rest of the week. After one day you will know how to get around up there pretty decent. We are going sometime between mid may to June, haven't nailed down a definite date yet either. Harlan is the flashemifyougotem !! :driving: all day, :drinkers: all night, at least if you aint fixing a broke rig.

We use to stay @ Evarts and Ride with Frank , back when he managed the park. Black Mountain will test your sack to see how Big your Balls really are :tc. Get a Map and ride some of the old trails

Latest posts