• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Harlan this weekend

tall boy

Got a group of 4 jeeps headed to Black mountain this weekend. Weather forecast calls for rain all weekend. All the rain from the hurricane that is in the Atlantic will be there . Saturday says 100% chance of rain(over an inch).

Is it ridiculous that we are still planning on going? Should we cancel? I have bee there a couple of times. I think it handles water better than TN trails but maybe I am crazy. We have all taken off work. This is my only trip of the year without kids etc....

Would you guys still go?

Only been once, and in the rain. We had great traction in the rain. The next day after the rain was about impossible due to the mud. Get a good Gortex rain suit and rock out.

JohnG said:
Only been once, and in the rain. We had great traction in the rain. The next day after the rain was about impossible due to the mud. Get a good Gortex rain suit and rock out.

This, I've been there a bunch, it's worth the rain as long as it's warm

Warm like 56? ????????. Thanks guys. I guess I'll check to see what the hurricane does tomorrow then decide.

Re:

We got a group coming from Ohio and Wv. Staying in Putney and we're going regardless. If it rains real bad the whole time we'll just get drunk in the cabins. At least we ain't at work!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Re:

If it is raining so hard nobody wants to ride, does anybody have any suggestions of things to see and places to eat in the area?

Make a visit to the mining store. I have never been but have heard how cool it is. I always say I am gonna go and never do.

I'm with you about just drinking a ton of beer. Sunday looks OK now. Saturday may be nasty.

Are you guys riding Saturday and Sunday?

Last time I was there, people were wincing on the main trail it was raining so hard. Still had a great time. Just dress accordingly. I think they had like 3" of rain saturday. That was the day I learned not to lay in a giant puddle under the jeep while welding w a 220 welder.

Re: Re: Harlan this weekend

tall boy said:
I'm with you about just drinking a ton of beer. Sunday looks OK now. Saturday may be nasty.

Are you guys riding Saturday and Sunday?
And maybe even friday if we get there early enough. Where yall staying?

Steady rain to keep the rocks clean and there is a surprising amount of traction, once the rain stops though be prepared to bust out some woopows. I think I've had one or two dry weekends there in all the years I've been going to the park. Just gear up and hammer down.

Re:

I have a very bald set of Iroks that hate the mud and actually do very well on the rocks the more I wear them down. Climbing the hill out of Putney in the rain should be fun.

Were gonna have fun regardless of weather but yeah that big 90 degree turn 3/4 ways up the mountain is gonna be fun, live action!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha ha. Will be fun.

Plan to ride some Friday evening if it's not flooding then sat and Sunday.

Or ****. Hot springs is not much further(the other way) zero chance of rain. High in the 70's. The SRS race is going on also. Not sure what to do...

I was in Harlan last weekend it rained on and off and didn't have an issue at all there with the rain. Some trails more doable then others in the rain. Little jagger wasn't having it.

Climbing Putney side won't be an issue of locked front and rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
If it is raining so hard nobody wants to ride, does anybody have any suggestions of things to see and places to eat in the area?

MOTHAFAWKIN HARLAN STATION!!! Order the Big Duke. Report back afterwards. :eat:

Re:

Yeah and then ease on down to the Family Dollar and grab a few meth hoes.........

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk