• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Harlan trail work and clean up weekend.

Depending on the timing of this, might be able to make it happen. Had a good time back in '08ish when we came up to help open and clear some stuff in the Upper Rock Garden, before it was a swamp. haha.

The dates that looking to work for me would be
February 7th
March 4th

I may just try and plan both.

Will try and make the first date, the second date is the wife's Bday weekend so I better stay home for that one!!

jp fan said:
Lower Damnation the hill going down to it could be worked

If you can't make it down the entrance, you can't make it up the trail. We had a guy drive a 2wd 4 wheeler down it not knowing what he was getting into. Lol

I ended up towing him out with my jeep, but he made it a lot further than I thought he would.

bgredjeep said:
If you can't make it down the entrance, you can't make it up the trail. We had a guy drive a 2wd 4 wheeler down it not knowing what he was getting into. Lol

I ended up towing him out with my jeep, but he made it a lot further than I thought he would.

Agree, was there in Nov, went through at night with no trouble at all, just a little bump at the ledge, me on 40" Nittos and two Samis on bald 39.5 Iroks.

Was not meaning that I could not make it or that it was almost impassible,I have done that trail many times but it is just a easy fix to make it better thats all I was saying thumb.gif

jp fan said:
Was not meaning that I could not make it or that it was almost impassible,I have done that trail many times but it is just a easy fix to make it better thats all I was saying thumb.gif

It isn't as easy to fix as you think. We made that road basically off a cliff. I will go look at in soon.

I done a lot of studying today on Little jagger. Issues I see coming into play later down the road is the main road getting undercut by everyone going way right. What would you guys think about taking a dozer and pushing from top down(about half way) pushing about 3 or 4 of those big rocks on down to bottom. This would create a whole different line. Might be easier for awhile but will get hard.

Whats your alls thoughts?

shoope3 said:
It isn't as easy to fix as you think. We made that road basically off a cliff. I will go look at in soon.

I done a lot of studying today on Little jagger. Issues I see coming into play later down the road is the main road getting undercut by everyone going way right. What would you guys think about taking a dozer and pushing from top down(about half way) pushing about 3 or 4 of those big rocks on down to bottom. This would create a whole different line. Might be easier for awhile but will get hard.

Sold!

Jagger would be fun if the whole thing was covered in dirt. Many different lines would eventually emerge. Especially to the left.

Why doesn't anyone go up the middle or far left? I always thought there was an unwritten rule that says only go right?

shoope3 said:

I've thought this for a while. Go for it. Wish I could make one of these wknds but the dates just don't work out.

Can you make april fools weekend (date tba)?

As for middle or left? At the present time those rocks are not positioned correctly and in my opinion dangers to try. But with a lot work I think it would be doable.

Was there this week, then entrance to lower damnation is much easier than it has been in the past.

The holes between the rocks are much larger at mason jar, grape vine, and little jagger. All are still do-able but difficult.

I was saddened by the amount of beer cans and trash at the middle rock garden and lions den. It was far more than what we could collect in our time there.

I do agree that opening up more lines on little jagger, both the center and left side would be very interesting.

mac5005 said:
I was saddened by the amount of beer cans and trash at the middle rock garden and lions den. It was far more than what we could collect in our time there.

It has gotten rediculous. If I see it happen, I'll probably just flatten someone's nose, but you can never catch one. Although I did set mine down to pull cable for a feller, then realized an hour or two later I had forgotten it there. So if someone finds a Country Boy Brewing "Cougar Bait" can near the middle of Your Turn, feel free to punch me in the face.

Yea the last time I was visiting Lions Den I could not believe all the can thrown under the rock ledges and between the rocks it will for sure all be picked up before April, this place is to beautiful and awesome to let it be trashy from people with no respect for the park and nature in general

IMO, I would focus on the trails that have become pretty much impassable. As shoope mentioned upper rock garden (drainage for water), your turn (exit), crawfords cry (are you talking about the section above the u turn to turn back down the hill?)

Is the exit to underestimated still passable? Been a bit since i was on it but the exit climb was rutted so bad my axles were dragging the ground and i had to winch out.