• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Have razors killed the buggy market?

Elliott

What do yall think? I'm amazed at some of the deals on here for buggys for sale and no one is jumping on them, seems like everyone has financed razors and left the buggy market.Or is there some other reason and im not seeing it?

Re: Has razors killed the buggy market?

It seems those with the cash to build or buy a buggy have one already. The market is flooded. Amazing how many buggies show up
to these events now compared to a few years ago. I definitely see the attraction to financing and upgrading a RZR.

For every buggy that doesn't sell there's 3 upside-down Razrs that the owners need $20,000 for that don't sell.

If I want the lottery I would consider buying one, that's about it though. I would imagine trailering could be an issue, you can throw one of those little things on a lawn trailer .. But the financing is what gets most I'm sure. I would love to know if anyone has done the math and added up all the payments?? No telling how long it will finance one for. What amazes me is some of the rigs people are willing to trade for one!!! NO WAY in hell I would trade my rig that I have don't thousands of. Buks and thousands of hours labor for one. Just to skoot around the main trails.. Piss on that. To each his own i guess. I am curious now about the payment plan. Interest-rate and special offers and all that. All I want to know is what the total is when you add the payments up.

I could not understand the want for an RZR ether till I drove one. Man they are a blast. Fast and smooth; if I lived out west I would have one for sure. Out here though I really don't think there is anywhere to drive one to it's ability. I think I could build a pretty sweet go fast rig with lots of suspension travel for the same 15-20k. It may not have the best of the best parts but I think it could be done.

I own one and when I had time to ride it I loved it. It's been parked for a while but I'll get it back out soon. As to the financing side of it if you have good credit you can get pretty low rates. I think mines like 4.5 or close to it. I know guys and heard of many more tho that just have to have one no matter what and end up with around 20% which is ****in crazy. If I couldn't have got a good interest rate then ida never bought one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the average 15k spent on one, I've seen to many break parts to ever consider purchasing one. Looks fun, no doubt about that, just not for me.

Lots more parts out there for the consumer and decent prices. You can buy brackets for just about everything. Coilovers are the norm anymore. Wasn't too long ago a linked and coilovered rig on the trail was a rare thing. Benders are resonable, notchers, bandsaws, etc.. Bendtech and ****.

Re: Re: Re: Has razors killed the buggy market?

kmcminn said:
I think if these people that own rzrs could afford a buggy they would have one. Cant get a buggy as easy as a sxs.
Personally i can't afford either one.

I agree to a point, and I can't afford either one either...

There are a few people that have went from buggies to sxs because they are easier to store and tailer. And around here there are still a lot of open dirt and gravel roads through the mountains.

If there were dealerships financing buggies for 30 years at 20% APR there would be 97 buggies for each Razr on the trail instead of the other way around.

patooyee said:
If there were dealerships financing buggies for 30 years at 20% APR there would be 97 buggies for each Razr on the trail instead of the other way around.

Not everybody likes buggy's, personally I think they are cool looking and I appreciate the Fabrication in them. That said, you couldn't give me one. For the RzR deal, I got rid of my Jeep for one because I just plainly got tired of spending countless hours wrenching on a rig. Now I get to spend countless hours working to pay for something I never have time to use (the RzR). 6 to one, half a dozen to the other....to each their own....As long as everybody is having a good time out on the trail, who cares what their on or in.

starting about 7 years ago I had 4 samurai's over a few years. Rode the same old trails for years. Had a riding buddy get a rzr when they first took off and kinda followed him since we rode alot i wanted to be on the same riding level as far as a rig and rzr riding together. That was about 3 years ago when I swapped. I was gonna keep the zuk and have both but decided I couldnt ride them both at the same time nor afford to let them sit. Im now on my 2nd rzr and had cash to pay it off in full but decided to keep some of the money for upgrades and some in the bank and pay some on the rzr. I got 2.6% interest rate on it so im not worried about the pay back amount. My plan is to pay it off in less than 2 years.
I dont see it as a waste of money. Its a hobby, it gets me out of the house, you meet new people and make some great friends along the way whether its a buggy, jeep, rzr etc. We all gonna pay to play and this is just how I decided to do it for the last 3 years. I think about selling the rzr time to time but and the end of the day its just too damn handy around the house. A buggy would be useless. Kinda debating on getting a ranger next.

patooyee said:
I live in a differnt part of the world, so take this with that in mind. I sold my very capable, pretty badass buggy and paid cash for a rzr. repairs are easy and cheap. Every time I took my buggy out and broke something, just plan on a grand. rzr, plan on welding some **** to ****, buying $150 in parts and putting them on, GO. Cole sold his rig very similar to mine and has a rzr yes? Its not for everyone, but 97:1 might be skewed :flipoff1:

blacksheep10 said:
Cole sold his rig very similar to mine and has a rzr yes? Its not for everyone, but 97:1 might be skewed :flipoff1:

Yep and don't plan on buying or building another one any time soon. I was tired of the up keep and it became a hassle to get ready to go to rides and then deal with when I got home. I loved my buggy but my Rzr is so easy and serves the purpose I need for the time being.

red94yj said:
I just don't understand the rzr craze.

Simple, people can finance them, get full coverage insurance on them for cheap, get around to all the places to watch the buggies do there thing and if you don't try to rock bounce in them they hold up well.

red94yj said:
For the average 15k spent on one, I've seen to many break parts to ever consider purchasing one. Looks fun, no doubt about that, just not for me.

Everything breaks especially when alcohol is involved. From my experience rzr repair is a lot cheaper than buggy repair.

Re: Re: Has razors killed the buggy market?

I dont think they have killed the buggy market ... look at the number of buggies at events now days and then look back 3years wasnt half as many. I think they have allowed alot more ppl to be involved in a sport that before couldnt afford too. With a buggy you need a 3/4ton truck and a good size trailer and junk just to get it to the park to ride. With a rzr a 1/2 ton truck and a 6x10 trailer your in business and can go ride anywhere in the offroad parks and then when you get home you can go ride with your buddies with 4 wheelers .

I'll say it again, I cant wait to be a RZR owner. If I didnt have this stupid desire to race, I'd have a RZR and not my racecar.
And I'd forgetten about the whole insurance thing. Funny you can get insurance for a $20k RZR, but not a $175k offroad racecar (fire and theft).