• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Have razors killed the buggy market?

Has razors killed the buggy market?

I love driving my buggy and nothing can replace that and the things you can do in it. That being said I recently drove and rode in a xp1000 and was absolutely amazed at the ability and comfort of it. If I would have started with that I probably wouldn't have a buggy but I can't go back now. Love the sound of a big block motor too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Has razors killed the buggy market?

GT_Buggy said:
I love driving my buggy and nothing can replace that and the things you can do in it. That being said I recently drove and rode in a xp1000 and was absolutely amazed at the ability and comfort of it. If I would have started with that I probably wouldn't have a buggy but I can't go back now. Love the sound of a big block motor too much.

I'm right there with ya Anthony. I have had a blast riding in them. But nothing makes me smile more than the sound my Big Block makes!

I have drove and worked on both. No way in hell I would go to gayzr. Driving buggies is why I don't take lunches at work and stay late almost everyday. In the 3 or so years we have owned both the ol ladies rig stays tore up more than mine and requires ALOT more maintnance.

bad80cj said:
I'm right there with ya Anthony. I have had a blast riding in them. But nothing makes me smile more than the sound of SNAP PING POW CLUNK

Imagine the sounds you would hear if i owned a Razor????? :****:

I give that poor rzr with you driving it Stephen at least 2 hours until it's totaled.

I have both and since I bought my 900 I have rode my buggy 4 times in the last 2 years. Now the rzr gets rode about every weekend. I enjoy it more and it does not break as much and if it does it's cheaper to fix.

If your buggy is breaking more than your razor, then it's time to get some good parts in it.

Dana 60 front ring and pinions. Needs a 14 bolt front but I enjoy the rzr more than the buggy so I just can't get in the mood to fix it.

Let yer friends buy razors and rangers.... I told a buddy just the other day that's finally building him a crawler. "Most people never get there **** right... They sell it or give up"..... Can't tell u how many times I have had to go back to the ole drawing board. Finally got my buggy where I can beat it pretty good and not have to worry about it.
Means 100x more to me than a razor could.
90%of the people I see with razors don't really hit ****... They are just cruising around.
In my opinion I say "to hell with that... If I'm just gone cruise gravel roads id rather be in passenger seat of my buddy razor he payin for with a beer in my hand"

But to answer the question .....NO. Of all my friends that ride side by sides (and that's a lot). None of them are committed enough or have the $$$ to buy a buggy outright anyway.

I've owned 3 sxs's and love them. No need to have a big diesel truck to pull it. I use the same 950lb trailer to haul it as I do my mower, easy to work on, not to mention if you do happen to break one pretty bad on the trail its much easier to get out to the trailer. Also you can take one completely stock and they go really good. I can see why some of the die hard buggy guys are so butthurt about the "gayzr" if I spent that much on a truck, trailer, and big buggy and then seen a stock rzr go alot of the same places id be pissed too hehe. Me personally I like and have respect for any rig, could care less what the next guy has.

PixbyNick said:
if I spent that much on a truck, trailer, and big buggy and then seen a stock rzr go alot of the same places id be pissed too hehe.

Yes, they sure can, but we just call those access roads. :flipoff1:

I've got two Rockwell f/r steer crawlers a chaindrive rail and a rzrs and I am very rough on **** and I've been up some vertical hills with kickbacks at the top in the rail and buy no means would a rzr make it up some of those climbs without some major carnage. But from my experience with all the things I got I find myself being pretty much scared to death to try anything much at all in the rzr because I already know when and where I can break it I already hit some big climbs and had the front wheels up and had it pop very loud on several occasions so I really don't ride it much because of fear of it breaking :gay:

Not tryin to start **** but complainin about pullin the front tires and landing in the gas and being scared to break **** with a RZR is unfair. There's a thread on here about stickie tires vs a Chevy 60 which everybody says won't work. Not much will hold up to pure abuse. Haven't I read about you breakin Rockwell shafts like crazy? Does that mean Rockwell crawlers are gay? RZR's and crawlers both have their strengths and weaknesses

Not hurting my feelings and yes am hard on **** and I've broke a ton of rock shafts but I was letting it have it full throttle bouncing of **** with the wheels turned and going up undercut ledges and bam shaft breaks but I just laugh about because I expected it. But the rzr you would think it would take some full throttle assaults without having to worry about breaking a diff and that's what I mean about being gay and I have had the rzr in some bad spots and it maybe would have been able to come out of but when it stands up it pops like a diff broke but then again it still pulls so you have to winch out do to is it broke or is it gonna break

And I know my postea have nothing to do with this thread really but I still owe a little money on this thing and no you can't beat it like a buggy because it's just not gonna hold up to me at least. I'll eventually get 2" ouversons and like I've told everyone I ride with I'll be the one who breaks one

Agreed that RZR's oughta be a lil tougher. If I could afford a buggy and RZR I'd defenitly have both

Re:

After riding what little bit i have and seeing youtube videos I was under the impression that the only reason people bought rzrs was to follow bouncers around???

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk