• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hawk Pride

dixiepc

Is there much hard core rock crawling at Hawk Pride or is it more of a trail riding park?

Re:

Has a mixture of both. Are you looking for hill killing? There are a lot trails that will eat your lunch, even with large tires and woopow.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Not interested in hill killing or trail riding. I want some true rock crawling. Trying to make up my mind if I want to drive 6 hours to ride there.

Re:

There are a bunch of trails like that, backdoor, brokefoot, viper, Merlin, up hill both ways, lower ditch and upper ditch, ( upper is man made and has spots for east outs). Also the diamond back trails. Bunch more that range from easy to moderate. Has a mixture of washes also that will place you on your side, while still able to drive. If it rains park can be a female dog. Also they have cabins on site. Plus i think local hotels will cut you a rate. Not 100% on that.

One of my favorite parks, we go 4-6 times a year and can use my JKU on 33's or YJ on tons, and not run the same trails all weekend every time. Just depends on what I want to do.

Re:

ROKTOY829 said:
There are a bunch of trails like that, backdoor, brokefoot, viper, Merlin, up hill both ways, lower ditch and upper ditch, ( upper is man made and has spots for east outs). Also the diamond back trails. Bunch more that range from easy to moderate. Has a mixture of washes also that will place you on your side, while still able to drive. If it rains park can be a female dog. Also they have cabins on site. Plus i think local hotels will cut you a rate. Not 100% on that.

If it is wet stay at home. Cabins are really nice.

Re:

In what ways? Plus if you let me know when you are going show up, i can be a tour guide. i live like 20 mins away.

dixiepc said:
Thanks for all the responses. I just hope it's not like Windrock.
What's wrong with windrock? I was just there last weekend for the first time and we hit some tough trails, sure it's a drive in between trails but that place is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dixiepc said:
Thanks for all the responses. I just hope it's not like Windrock.

For a reference, if you look at the map, we had a rig run out of propane and stall at the far end of the mud pit and I made a speedy run to the truck (parked at the welcome shack), grabbed a tank and got back in 12 minutes. It is not as spread out as Windrock (never been there but have heard) . When we go we ride and come back to the truck semi regularly cause the kids get bored, unless we break then it seems like it is bigger than Africa.

If you're looking for TRUE ROCK CRAWLING....I'm not sure it gets any better than Rattle Rock at Windrock. With that said....I hate Rattle Rock. ;)

There's really nothing wrong with Windrock. They have some good rock but it's long way in between. My rig is not set up for riding long distances on dirt and gravel roads. If I were into trail riding Windrock would be thumbs up the best place I have ever been.

Yes Rattle Rock is really awesome.

I'm from North Georgia

It's my local park, its great. There's something for everyone . It has some great rock crawling with auto parts store, food and hotels within 15 min. 5000 acres. You couldn't hit all the park in one day unless you never stop.

One of the top 3 parks in the southeast, you won't be disappointed.

I always enjoyed it there, great park with a lot of technical rock crawls. I always put off going there because it was one of the farther away parks for me (a whopping 2.5 hrs) and after I went for the first time I immediately wished I had've began going there earlier. It is an awesome place, plenty of wheeling. Really big place for an offroad park, but nothing like Windrock big.

Re:

Hawkpride is always a good time.. Unless it's been raining for a week then it's a challenge to just get through the parking lot lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk