• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Headers ? Who has what. 180's , traditional, kits .........

Hudson1

I have been looking for 180's for an LS, plenty of choices for small blocks but only high dollars desert stuff for LS engine. What kit did you use if you built your own?
I called Schoenfeld, they do not make them for GM LS engines, if you have a small block their price is right.

Hudson1 said:
I have been looking for 180's for an LS, plenty of choices for small blocks but only high dollars desert stuff for LS engine. What kit did you use if you built your own?
I called Schoenfeld, they do not make them for GM LS engines, if you have a small block their price is right.

Find the cheapest set you can for a small block Ford, and weld the ls exhaust flange onto them (the part that bolts to the head) The sbf & ls chevy motors have the exact same port spacing :****:

muddinmetal said:
Find the cheapest set you can for a small block Ford, and weld the ls exhaust flange onto them (the part that bolts to the head) The sbf & ls chevy motors have the exact same port spacing :****:
is the firing order the same? If not, no telling what they'll sound like or preform.

Here's my problem. Looks like most headers come perpendicular off the heads. That'll hit my chassis. I need a set that will come level off the heads and clear 4.5".

AdamF said:
is the firing order the same? If not, no telling what they'll sound like or preform.

Yes, the LS motors are the same firing order as the 5.0/351W

If you weld new flanges on, you make them whatever angle you want

I haven't dropped mine into the chassis yet, I figure I may have to move the engine an inch one way or the other for headers to clear.

Attachments

• 5480.jpeg
    5480.jpeg
    506.8 KB · Views: 107
I buy weld together kits from speedway motors, then additional bends from columbia river. As soon as I get my plasma table up and running I'll make my own flanges and collectors, and then just buy the bends I need.

Cone Enginnering is where I got my stuff.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    969.6 KB · Views: 112
Make sure you wrap them and anything around them real good. Mine have already melted two throttle cables and two shift cables :mad:

I love the sound of mine but they are the biggest pain in the ass. Hard to change plugs, check oil and to get apart. They also create a lot of heat.

If anyone is using the cheap ones on a Sbc and has pics of the height and distance off the back of the block I would love to see it.

The best I have for now, don't pay attention to the dent.... Lol

Attachments

• IMG_20151121_231852.JPG
    IMG_20151121_231852.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 94
https://m.facebook.com/groups/449929418431030?view=permalink&id=883733885050579

Check these out from jardineheaders.com. SS for $600.00 shipped

kboring said:
Those aren't 180s. On a set of 180s the exhaust from two cylinders is routed to join with two cylinders from the other side of the engine so those cylinders that fire 360 degrees apart are paired.

Found this picture on the interweb, I can get measurements off mine later.

Attachments

• 527e197e.jpg
    527e197e.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 221