• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Heavily Discounted CTM U-Joints, Axle shafts, Drive Flanges

Nov 16, 2008 1:32 PM

I included more information on the initial post regarding axles and carriers. Anyone that is interested in shafts and building a new axle should read this information. I will be happy to answer any questions via pm or in this thread. My new IPhone died and I am waiting on a new one from Apple, therefore my cell phone number is not available right now, but the office is working great. I spend most of my life in the office, anyone that has that number can call any time they wish.

KOH Competitors, XRRA Racers, media whores, edit: err, umm, experts like Grog and Rob CTM continously desires to expand their presence through positive examples, real world use, and word of mouth reinforcement. The products I will be offering for sale and previously mentioned in this thread will be discounted to the point that their prices will not be adjusted, however, I would like to offer shirts, polos, jackets, hats, and other promotional items for cheap and/or free. Any persons showing a desire to advance themselves and CTM in the sport will recieve special consideration for future promotional efforts. In the past CTM has offered the typical Tshirts, stickers, and sweat shirts. While those may be desired by some of their customers, I will also be offering golf polos, and a few different jackets as well. Multiple t-shirts options of quality and short and long sleeve will be added as well.

We started organizing parts last week for this sale and the CTM staff is working on it this weekend as well. If this proves to be successful (I think there has been enough interest to determine it will be), and the intial supply is depleted, Jack and I will offer updated lists of parts at certain marked time periods, such as the first day of every month for example. As CTM continues to produce their axles, sockets, joints, and slugs, the supply will remain constant of these particular returns, blems, and seconds.

Thank you for your interest!

Exactly what is the problem with these? Are they rebuild? I read your first post but just wasn't quite sure what is "wrong" with them that you don't get the full life time warrenty.

It differs. Some of them are older product, where Jack has updated the design and they were left over. Some of them are rebuilt; customer sends Jack a set of joints to rebuild, and he sends out a new set to save time. Some of them have machining flaws that do not affect strength, but could not be sold for full price, like machining the CTM logo off center.

As far as warranty, the full life time warranty will not be offered because there is a possibility these products are not as strong as his newest, perfect products, and they are going to be sold at discounted prices. If anyone is concerned with breaking the shafts or joints, they should opt to purchase a new set with a full warranty. We have sold several sets of these in the past to friends and had one D44 joint returned in three years.

Database, quantities, and pricing are very near completion. I just tested everything and it ran great. Im going to bed boys, Ill begin firing out quotes tomorrow AM.

Update: Everyone should be receiving quotes. For pricing, we had initially intended to offer different pricing for different Ujoints relative to their age and condition. This created more work than we care to deal with, therefore all Ujoints are priced at the previous cheapest point. If someone happens to get a brand new U joint with no noticable or visible imperfections, merry christmas. Warranties were another issue. Jack has decided to further discount these products and not include a warranty. We all know the quality of his products, to date there have been zero failures of newest U joints implemented 2-3 years ago and minimal failures of his older design. After the quote emails have all sent out, I will update the first post with initial quantities.

Here you go Bryan.
There is an attachment that Bryan added to his first post, or you can check out the image file here:

CTMPrices.png

You know I'm in on 2 D60 u joints... **** PIMP SON! where we send the monies laughing1 laughing1 laughing1 laughing1

Toddy said:
Hook me up with a quote. Ned some shafts and would love to have have a set of slugs.

Toddy

You have an email at Irocwel@ whatever is in your profile. The spreadsheet Matt posted is all of the information you would receive in a quote. :dunno:

cicero said:

Got it, they left today!

Jack: "Hello, CTM"
Me: "Hey, we need to get the Chris Harwell D44 out today on UPS 2nd day AM."
Jack (welding axles, machining joints, and talking on the phone): "So we can get them out in the morning to get to TN by Friday?"
Me: "No, its wednesday already."
Jack: "Gotta go."

B Gillespie said:
Got it, they left today!

Jack: "Hello, CTM"
Me: "Hey, we need to get the Chris Harwell D44 out today on UPS 2nd day AM."
Jack (welding axles, machining joints, and talking on the phone): "So we can get them out in the morning to get to TN by Friday?"
Me: "No, its wednesday already."
Jack: "Gotta go."

laughing1