• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HELP! Toyota transmission

TTF Fabrication

I am putting a L-52 (83 5-speed) 4wd tranny in a 92 2WD truck that has been sas'd. Is there any way to make the speedometer work by maybe taking the electronic speedometer of the 2wd transmission and adapting it to the 4wd? Or do I need to come up with a W-56? Thanks for the help.

nice, thanks for the help. the reason i used this transmission is because i had it from an 81 build, and had a brand new clutch w/ resurfaced flywheel. in order to run a w-56 i would have to buy one (people think they are worth gold) and buy a new flywheel and clutch. probably at least $500 and i figured i would use the advantage of having the shorter l52 and if it ever shits out then i might to go a w56, or have my L52 rebuilt to an L52HD by marlin.

thanks for the help. i called marlin and asked if that part was what i needed in my application and he confirmed that is what they are designed for so i ordered one up.

I may very well be going from a W-56 in my SAS 92 Toy to an L-52HD from marlin. It works out very well with my measurements, as in tranny/dual t-case/existing driveshafts....

Am I crazy? I have heard good things about the Iron tranny, and also about the W-56. I have also heard negative about the W-56, mine was rebuilt at 120k....