• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Help with Rough Country 3" lift on 1999 Cherokee

apentivolpi

I ended up installing the 3'' lift everything came out okay but when I drive down the rode and let off the gas I hear a vibrating, grinding noise. that sounds like the drive shaft but I checked the U-Joints and they are fine. rough country told me I don't need a transfer drop kit so what should I be for? please help I'm lost on what to do next.

If you only have 3 true inches of lift (no extra spacers, right?) you shouldn't be having this problem. If you are, what you are describing is at least 95% of the time due to driveline angles. Even a good set of ujoints can do this, and if they are, odds are they wont last long.... If it only seems to be coming from the front, I'd inspect my trac bar and have an alignment done immediately, either way, good luck figuring it out man

I would also say check the ball in the cv-joint, especially if it's a high mileage ride. Once yoiu lifted it and put the cv at a different angle, it's running at a place on the ball that could have a rough spot that was not noticeable at normal driving height.

3gracing said:
I would also say check the ball in the cv-joint, especially if it's a high mileage ride. Once yoiu lifted it and put the cv at a different angle, it's running at a place on the ball that could have a rough spot that was not noticeable at normal driving height.

I had this happen to me and made a horrible knocking.

Latest posts