• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HID conversion kits

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
Has anybody done one yet? We have done a couple here at work and I am ordering one for my dodge and another buddy's chev. But damn what a difference. I will get details once I get the kits in.

Just make sure you buy a good kit I bought one for 150 for my tacoma and after a week I was headed home from snow wheelin and lost both ballasts Im on my third set of ballasts now. they have been working good. you can see so much farther with them but alot of people like to flash the high beams at you with them. but they are just jelous I guess:D

I have 2 kits available to me. Lower and higher grade. I will be going with the higher (like$200)

I have 3 buddys that run em (2 in chev 1500's, 1 in a taco) an they like them. they are deffinetly brighter than stock. i also believe it helps to get the clearer aftermarket headlights.

So you are putting these in the stock housings? Glad you don't live around me, I have enough assholes with blinding badly controlled HID's around here to have to deal with another one.

Don't buy from HID4U on ebay. His service and warranty are great. The product sucks ass. I got it to fire both lights once. Drove it, and never got both to fire at the same time again. I got sick of asking for replacement parts and just gave up on it.

get a 4200-5000k kit if possable. def dont go above 6000k......
blue looks cool, but sux in the rain etc.....

This. I got a 5K kit. I wanted white light w/o blue.

IMG_00182.jpg

Just make sure you buy a good kit I bought one for 150 for my tacoma and after a week I was headed home from snow wheelin and lost both ballasts Im on my third set of ballasts now. they have been working good. you can see so much farther with them but alot of people like to flash the high beams at you with them. but they are just jelous I guess:D

Maybe you need to have them aimed???

So you are putting these in the stock housings? Glad you don't live around me, I have enough assholes with blinding badly controlled HID's around here to have to deal with another one.

x2. I work nights and have to put up w/ that crap every night.:eeek::mad::rolleyes::booo:

You must be sensative to light no matter what. HID puts off a whiter light which not only gives better seeing ability by the driver but earier on the eyes to on coming traffic.

Yes--I am doing it....

If people are flashing you its because they are not aimed right.
People seem to think this is funny and cool how they get flashed all the time.
Just to let you know as people get older (we can ask pokey to verify this) and as several test have shown, eyes get slower to reacting to light changes.
As you find it funny remember that now you have an old blind person driving at you, they have a tendency to drive to the light anyway, head on crashes really suck as they are at twice the speed you are driving.
On a good note, older people normally have better insurance....:fawkdancesmiley:

Not a conversion kit but I've had the cheap Schmucks HID lights on my buggy for over a year now with no problems. They're bright as hell and seem to keep working.....I hit bumps n stuff once in a while.:redneck:

If people are flashing you its because they are not aimed right.
People seem to think this is funny and cool how they get flashed all the time.
Just to let you know as people get older (we can ask pokey to verify this) and as several test have shown, eyes get slower to reacting to light changes.
As you find it funny remember that now you have an old blind person driving at you, they have a tendency to drive to the light anyway, head on crashes really suck as they are at twice the speed you are driving.
On a good note, older people normally have better insurance....:fawkdancesmiley:

I'm Pokey's age and I resent this. Dmaned punk kids better remember we can afford better attorney's, too.

:haha:

You must be sensative to light no matter what. HID puts off a whiter light which not only gives better seeing ability by the driver but earier on the eyes to on coming traffic.

Yes--I am doing it....

Nope I'm not sensitive to light at all, I'm sensitive to headlights pointed at my face not focused on the ground. The problem is when you put a HID into a housing designed to control 1/3 the lumen the focus gets out of control. Pay attention to how a factory HID headlight shows on the ground, factory low beams are projector housings not reflector. There is a very crisp cut off to keep the light under control. Now look at a standard headlight. Literally a night and day difference in light control.

As I said, glad I don't have to deal with yet another driver that can see at the expense of all the rest.

Nope I'm not sensitive to light at all, I'm sensitive to headlights pointed at my face not focused on the ground. The problem is when you put a HID into a housing designed to control 1/3 the lumen the focus gets out of control. Pay attention to how a factory HID headlight shows on the ground, factory low beams are projector housings not reflector. There is a very crisp cut off to keep the light under control. Now look at a standard headlight. Literally a night and day difference in light control.

As I said, glad I don't have to deal with yet another driver that can see at the expense of all the rest.

Thats why you aim them correctly :haha:

Thats why you aim them correctly :haha:

You are missing the point.. A factory housing can not be aimed correctly with an HID. The light is still going all over the place when you put that much output into the stock housing. You can aim them down but that only helps so much. :;